Fórum

Liferay 6.1 CE Beta-4 Test Instructions

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay 6.1 CE Beta-4 Test Instructions

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
All,

Today marks the end of our Beta Release program - this Beta-4 is the final "feature complete" beta release and is ready for BugSquad! Follow the Liferay 6.1 BETA-4 BugSquad Instructions to get started. Note that the "What's New" lists a couple of new plugins (most notably the server-manager-web plugin!) that you can use, along with the bugs fixed and improvements made to the core code as a result of this team's excellent feedback and activity. Looking forward to the final release!
thumbnail
Deb Troxel, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay 6.1 CE Beta-4 Test Instructions

Junior Member Postagens: 81 Data de Entrada: 22/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Can someone verify the Jboss bundle liferay-portal-jboss-6.1.0-ce-b4-20111110.zip? It seems to be corrupted. The size is implausibly small and it won't open after downloading.

Thanks.
thumbnail

Deb Troxel:
Can someone verify the Jboss bundle liferay-portal-jboss-6.1.0-ce-b4-20111110.zip? It seems to be corrupted. The size is implausibly small and it won't open after downloading.

Thanks.

Sorry for the late reply (there was another thread on this topic) - the jboss and jetty and glassfish bundles should be fixed now. Yeah, there was a problem with the files we uploaded!
thumbnail
Andrius Kurtinaitis, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 62 Data de Entrada: 25/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Is there a way to migrate an Oracle database from Liferay 6.1 beta3 to beta4?
I tried to run b4 on the b3 database with the hope that it will migrate automatically but it complained about non-existing columns.
Does someone have a script?
I have created some structures and data useful for testing so it would be nice if I do not have to recreate them again.
thumbnail

Andrius Kurtinaitis:
Is there a way to migrate an Oracle database from Liferay 6.1 beta3 to beta4?
I tried to run b4 on the b3 database with the hope that it will migrate automatically but it complained about non-existing columns.
Does someone have a script?
I have created some structures and data useful for testing so it would be nice if I do not have to recreate them again.

No script that I know of. Since Liferay does not support Beta-to-Beta upgrades, we don't issue scripts. You'd have to compare the schemas and add the missing tables. I would wager that this would not be too hard, though. follow this algoritm:

while startup_errors; do
read error from log file;
add missing column that it complains about;
if (column_must_be_deleted) then you_are_screwed;
done

if that doesnt fix things then it may be more complicated and not possible without looking at code diffs between B3 and B4.
Gus Heck, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 39 Data de Entrada: 16/11/11 Postagens Recentes
I'm not actually on the bug squad, but I think I may have found a bug. Before I go trying to report it as such I'd like to check the documentation, but I don't see the docs for 6.1 anywhere on the site, so I cant' be sure it's not pilot error. Where can I find documentation (particularly for /server-manager-web...)
thumbnail

Gus Heck:
I'm not actually on the bug squad, but I think I may have found a bug. Before I go trying to report it as such I'd like to check the documentation, but I don't see the docs for 6.1 anywhere on the site, so I cant' be sure it's not pilot error. Where can I find documentation (particularly for /server-manager-web...)

Yeah, I saw your other thread on this topic. The server-manager-web plugin is brand new and not documented yet. Greg Amerson is your best bet emoticon He's usually pretty responsive on the IDE forums. As a last resort, you can file a bug at issues.liferay.com and see where it goes!
Gus Heck, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 39 Data de Entrada: 16/11/11 Postagens Recentes
Thanks, and as you note I have posted the specific case there, but I wasn't really trying to cross post here. I was actually also interested in the general answer to where the Beta4 docs live in general. (if such exists yet).