Fórum

Negative seek offset Exception while deploying an ext-plugin via Lfr-IDE

Oliver Bayer, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Negative seek offset Exception while deploying an ext-plugin via Lfr-IDE

Liferay Master Postagens: 894 Data de Entrada: 18/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

I'm using the newest Liferay IDE and 6.0.6 SDK with current svn trunk at revision 91397. Without any other modifications I've created a new ext plugin and added only some properties to portal-ext.properties. While deploying the ext plugin via drag&drop and then starting the server the following exception is thrown in console:

12:47:08,584 ERROR [BaseDeployer:1527] C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
  Expanding: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml into C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\tomcat-7.0.21\temp\20111025124708632
12:47:08,682 ERROR [AutoDeployDir:197] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Error while expanding C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml
java.io.IOException: Negative seek offset
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Error while expanding C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml
	at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ExtAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ExtAutoDeployer.java:82)
	at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ExtAutoDeployListener.deploy(ExtAutoDeployListener.java:47)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:180)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:222)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:50)
Caused by: Error while expanding C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Expand.expandFile(Expand.java:192)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Expand.execute(Expand.java:132)
	at com.liferay.util.ant.ExpandTask.expand(ExpandTask.java:33)
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:878)
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:810)
	at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ExtAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ExtAutoDeployer.java:79)
	... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Negative seek offset
	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.seek(Native Method)
	at org.apache.tools.zip.ZipFile.positionAtCentralDirectory(ZipFile.java:467)
	at org.apache.tools.zip.ZipFile.populateFromCentralDirectory(ZipFile.java:313)
	at org.apache.tools.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:185)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Expand.expandFile(Expand.java:170)
	... 9 more
12:47:09,340 INFO  [AutoDeployDir:172] Processing overrides-ext.xml. This is attempt 2.
12:47:09,340 INFO  [ExtAutoDeployListener:43] Copying extension environment plugin for C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml
12:47:09,340 ERROR [BaseDeployer:1527] C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
  Expanding: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml into C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\tomcat-7.0.21\temp\20111025124709341
12:47:09,342 ERROR [AutoDeployDir:197] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Error while expanding C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Error while expanding C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml
	at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ExtAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ExtAutoDeployer.java:82)
	at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ExtAutoDeployListener.deploy(ExtAutoDeployListener.java:47)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:180)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:222)
	at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:50)
Caused by: Error while expanding C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\liferay-portal-trunk\deploy\overrides-ext.xml
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Expand.expandFile(Expand.java:192)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Expand.execute(Expand.java:132)
	at com.liferay.util.ant.ExpandTask.expand(ExpandTask.java:33)
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:878)
	at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:810)
	at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ExtAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ExtAutoDeployer.java:79)
	... 4 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Negative seek offset
	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.seek(Native Method)
	at org.apache.tools.zip.ZipFile.positionAtCentralDirectory(ZipFile.java:467)
	at org.apache.tools.zip.ZipFile.populateFromCentralDirectory(ZipFile.java:313)
	at org.apache.tools.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:185)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Expand.expandFile(Expand.java:170)
	... 9 more</init></init>

The portal-ext.properties is nevertheless deployed and the changes (e.g. using another db...) are applied too. So it's not that big issue but maybe someone (like Greg emoticon) knows a good workaround without throwing exceptions.

Greets Oli
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Negative seek offset Exception while deploying an ext-plugin via Lfr-ID

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
The exception is coming due to processing of a zip file, kinda like you may have some sort of corrupted file in your ext plugin deployment artifact...

I'd track down the corrupted file before pointing a finger at Greg and saying it's the Liferay tool chain causing the problem...
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey Oliver,

If you could send me the source to your EXT plugin I can try to replicate on my side, along with the version of IDE you are using.

Hi,

thanks for your responses.

@David:
No need to defend Liferay or Greg or both because I've only found a possible bug and reported it. Nothing more nothing less - don't shoot the reporter emoticon.

@Greg:
I've done the following steps as the exception occurred:
1. unzipped Liferay 6.1.0-b3
2. deleted all in webapps folder beside ROOT and tunnel-web
3. deployed the mentioned svn code revision
4. created an ext plugin using Liferay IDE v1.4.0.v201110020918 and 6.0.6 SDK
5. as mentioned above I've only added a few keys to portal-ext.properties
6. after deploying the ext to server with the IDE via drag&drop the zip exception occurred

You can use the attached zip of my ext as a reference.

Thanks in advance.

Greets Oli
Sébastien Meunier, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 33 Data de Entrada: 26/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

I have the same problem. The only difference with the steps Oliver describes is that I use the 6.1.0-b3 SDK instead of the 6.0.6 SDK.
I also have that problem with the 6.1.0-b4 bundle + sdk.

Hi Sébastien,

thanks for the info - so at least I'm not the only one emoticon.
Now we have to hope that Greg will find and fix the issue with the upcoming IDE version.

Greets Oli
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1123 Data de Entrada: 16/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey guys,

I'm going to try to replicate and take a look at this problem for next release of IDE:

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/IDE-507

Hi Greg,

thanks for the update.

Greets Oli
Dileepkumar R, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 05/03/12 Postagens Recentes
How to reslove the "Negative Seek Offset" issue. Sometimes, Action Classes overridden are not deployed because of this error.