Fórum

Logging into Market place

thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Logging into Market place

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1302 Data de Entrada: 24/06/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Sorry if I am missing anything.. but I don't see market place login, terms and conditions.. I want to access and see if I can add my portlets there.. Did anyone try this so far.. ??
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

RE: Logging into Market place (Resposta)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Refer to the following thread. It's still not implemented. James is suppose to tell us about it when it becomes ready.

http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/10920333
thumbnail

RE: Logging into Market place

hmm.. lets wait then.. emoticon
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Ravi Kumar Gupta:
hmm.. lets wait then.. emoticon

Yeah, the Marketplace is built on Liferay 6.1 and cannot be made generally available until after the release. We are hoping to have it ready to go by end of 2011!
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
I think it's misleading to see all these new forums to talk about topics that still isn't available. It's very difficult to talk about thing that we can't use yet - it's still a vaporware.

Liferay 6.0.6 was actually released several months after you've mentioned it'll be announced, and I'm not too sure about this marketplace either along with Liferay 6.1.0 release date. Making a premature announcements, which aren't fullfilled, actually LOWERS company creditability.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I think it's misleading to see all these new forums to talk about topics that still isn't available. It's very difficult to talk about thing that we can't use yet - it's still a vaporware.

Liferay 6.0.6 was actually released several months after you've mentioned it'll be announced, and I'm not too sure about this marketplace either along with Liferay 6.1.0 release date. Making a premature announcements, which aren't fullfilled, actually LOWERS company creditability.

We want to inform about how we expect Marketplace works, get feedback, and improve before its generally available. In the past things have shown up in the project with no warning whatsoever and we've gotten feedback that that lowers credibility emoticon Same goes for 6.1. BugSquad in particular has been AWESOME at finding usability issues that would have been in the product had we not announced or gathered public opinion outside the community of developers working on the project.
thumbnail
Tiago Stutz, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 04/11/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi! How about putting on the top of the http://www.liferay.com/marketplace page a link (or something like) "I want to be notified when market place is released", then you could put your e-mail and Liferay would send this annoucement to you. I agree that it worth to open the discussion before releasing the "product", but it's not clear on the marketplace page that it's still under construction.
For instance, I just reached this topic because I didn't find these information that is being presented on this topic at the marketplace page.
I think the idea is great and I'm sure it'll be another Liferay success!
[]'s
thumbnail

Hi Tiago,

I guess you can get notified automatically if you have enabled notification in your account. See at the dock > Settings > My Account > Notifications.

-Ravi
thumbnail

So, any news about when market place is releasing?
thumbnail

Tiago Stutz:
So, any news about when market place is releasing?

We don't have a specific date in mind but I'm hoping to have a test site up before the end of this year for those early adopters who are participating (if you wish to be a part of this program, let me know - we'll make more news about it anyway once we get closer to having the test site open).
thumbnail

Hi James! Thanks for the information...
I'd like to be a part of this program, if you could subscribe me, I'd appreciate that.
Thanks a lot for the offer!
thumbnail

Tiago Stutz:
Hi James! Thanks for the information...
I'd like to be a part of this program, if you could subscribe me, I'd appreciate that.
Thanks a lot for the offer!

Done! We'll be sending out more information on the test site once we are closer to actually having it ready to launch emoticon
thumbnail
Michele Zanarotti, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 94 Data de Entrada: 20/02/12 Postagens Recentes
Hello. I would like users don't have to spent a lot of time trying to get in the marketplace, not yet implemented. I don't get it. Why not showing up a clear and visible text saying that marketplace is not released yet ? You put a lot of detailed informations about it, but we can do nothing with them.
thumbnail
Santiago Perez, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 53 Data de Entrada: 23/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Hello.
I agree!! I spent 20 minutes looking for the marketplace login...
thumbnail
Roman Hoyenko, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 878 Data de Entrada: 08/10/07 Postagens Recentes
Yes, please put the message it's not implemented yet. The developer guide makes it even more confusing since it shows screenshots of the portlets in marketplace.
H. Reineke, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 11 Data de Entrada: 11/10/11 Postagens Recentes
it was announced for April, now its nearly June is there any idea when it is accessible? Or is it cancelled at least?
thumbnail
Corné Aussems, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1313 Data de Entrada: 03/10/06 Postagens Recentes
Marketplace can only be made available when the next GA release is out.
It will not popup automagically i assume.

So the wait is really for 6.1 GA2, and that was set for end this month (fingers crossed)
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Corné Aussems:
Marketplace can only be made available when the next GA release is out.
It will not popup automagically i assume.

So the wait is really for 6.1 GA2, and that was set for end this month (fingers crossed)

No, Marketplace is not cancelled. It is awaiting the release of 6.1 GA2 as Corne correctly points out. It's been incredibly difficult getting all of these releases lined up to go out, because they are all interdependent (it should make for a nice blog post once the dust settles). But we are aiming for early June, JIRA currently is set to June 8.
Luis Álvarez, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 19/09/11 Postagens Recentes
Do we have a new date?
Any new interesting material?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail

Luis Álvarez:
Do we have a new date?
Any new interesting material?

Thanks in advance.

Nope, no new date. We are heads-down trying to finish GA2 and SO 2.0 and Marketplace all together. One thing you might be interested in - the User Guide and Developer Guide have been updated to reflect the latest functionality of the Marketplace that is expected to go live very soon. When it does go live, the "official" location of the "official docs" will be updated (liferay.com/documentation), but for now you can access the "source code" to the Marketplace docs via github (here and here).
thumbnail
Aniceto P Madrid, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 120 Data de Entrada: 24/05/08 Postagens Recentes
That is not very helpful. Any roadmap?
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 329 Data de Entrada: 23/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi James,

I hate to keep bugging you about this topic...BUT it's almost July....any updates on the marketplace?

Thanks!!

Brian
thumbnail

Brian Scott Schupbach:
Hi James,

I hate to keep bugging you about this topic...BUT it's almost July....any updates on the marketplace?

Thanks!!

Brian

I cannot give you an exact date, but what I can say is all major roadblocks have been cleared, so it shouldn't be "much longer". I realize this isn't very helpful, but this release has been particularly difficult due to the many interdependencies between marketplace, social office, and portal, so I appreciate your continued patience, I think you will like it!
thumbnail
Brian Scott Schupbach, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 329 Data de Entrada: 23/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Thanks! Yeah...I'm really excited about it from both a portlet developer and consumer prospective. I think after this is going, it is going to really make the system popular. It gives an incentive for developers to create portlets. There should be some pretty cool stuff coming out after it's live...
thumbnail

Tiago Stutz:
Hi! How about putting on the top of the http://www.liferay.com/marketplace page a link (or something like) "I want to be notified when market place is released", then you could put your e-mail and Liferay would send this annoucement to you. I agree that it worth to open the discussion before releasing the "product", but it's not clear on the marketplace page that it's still under construction.
For instance, I just reached this topic because I didn't find these information that is being presented on this topic at the marketplace page.
I think the idea is great and I'm sure it'll be another Liferay success!
[]'s

You can also subscribe to the "Announcements" category to receive emails when new announcements are made. Just click on "Subscribe".
thumbnail
Rajeev K, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 214 Data de Entrada: 19/06/09 Postagens Recentes
It is indeed confusing as developers might spend time in searching for the market place page.

Best idea would be to show a message that "Market Place is till not ready".