Fórum

Unable to Change Company Logo

Peter Key, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Unable to Change Company Logo

New Member Postagens: 10 Data de Entrada: 30/06/10 Postagens Recentes
As Administrator from the Control Panel, and accessing Portal -> Settings -> Display Settings I am unable to update the logo. Whilst I can import and change the existing (LifeRay Social Office) logo to my chosen company logo and it displays correctly in the Control Panel, when I switch back to the home screen the Liferay logo has not been changed. What is going wrong here??

RE: Unable to Change Company Logo

Is there anybody out there who can help with this? It is pretty fundamental to getting Socioal Office properly configured for a real world implementation......
thumbnail
Rojalin Patri, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 287 Data de Entrada: 22/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Peter,
the liferay logo is in /themes/classic/images/favicon.ico
Replace this favicon.ico with yourimage.ico and then restart the server.From front-end you can just go to "portal settings " in control panel and then upload your logo there.To remove the logo from the title bar
Remove this line in html/common/themes/top_head.jsp, then the image wont be displayed.
<link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="<%= themeDisplay.getPathThemeImages() %>/<%= PropsValues.THEME_SHORTCUT_ICON %>" />
if you want your logo in the title bar as well then set "theme.shortcut.icon=your logo.ico" in portal-ext.properties and then add the following line in top_head.jsp
<link rel="Shortcut Icon" href="<%= themeDisplay.getPathThemeImage() %>/your_logo.ico" />
Hope this helps....

Hi Rojalin,
Thanks for your time in providing me an answer. Just to be clear, what I wanted to change (as well as any icon images) was the "LifeRay | Social Office" coloured text at the top left of the portal pages, together with the four coloured dots below it. I had imagined that this was possible in a very straightforward fashion simply by accessing the "portal settings" ion control panel and changing the logo image to a jpeg image I upload, which seems to be what is intended. However, as I said previously, when I do this, my new logo jpeg image appears in the portal settings page as uploaded and displays, but when I go back to home page, the image displaying is still the Social Office logo. Am I doing something wrong?
Unfortunately I am not a programmer, so editing and changing Java class files, whilst not impossible for me to do, seems to not be the easy user experience advertised of Social Office! Am I missing something here or is this a bug in SO?
Peter
thumbnail
Rojalin Patri, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 287 Data de Entrada: 22/03/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Peter,
Actually it should happen in that way.Not sure why it's not retaining the uploaded image in between page navigation.But i would suggest you please remove the following code portion from top_head.jsp present in liferay-portal-6.0.6/tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/ROOT/html/common/themes
<c:if test="<%= !themeDisplay.getCompanyLogo().equals(StringPool.BLANK) %>">
#heading .logo {
background: url(<%= HtmlUtil.escape(themeDisplay.getCompanyLogo()) %>) no-repeat;
display: block;
font-size: 0;
height: <%= themeDisplay.getCompanyLogoHeight() %>px;
text-indent: -9999em;
width: <%= themeDisplay.getCompanyLogoWidth() %>px;
}
</c:if>
that would definitely remove the liferay logo from the home page.
Please share the screen shot so that i can understand the problem clearly.
thumbnail
Shivaji C, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 143 Data de Entrada: 18/10/12 Postagens Recentes
Thanx, it worked for me,thanks .
logan gibs, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 07/12/12 Postagens Recentes
I've tried this sooo many times but I am still unable to change it. It is annoying! I can change it on all other domains I administer. The image in 143x59 and is 7k in size.

I've tried numerous computers and browsers (including chrome)
thumbnail
Evan Thibodeau, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 29/03/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi Logan,

What version of Liferay Portal and Social Office are you running?

Also, specifically what image are you trying to change, and on which pages?

Thanks,
Evan
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
If you're using jpg format, try converting to png format and using that. Liferay has some problem with jpg format which hasn't been fixed.