Liferay Connected Services Client
- Liferay DXP 7.0+
- Liferay DXP 7.1+
- Liferay Portal 6.2 EE GA1+
- Enterprise Subscribers Only: Find out how to get a subscription.
The Liferay Connected Services app connects your Liferay instance to Liferay Connected Services (LCS). LCS is an online service that offers fix pack management, server metrics, Liferay subscription management, and more. LCS provides single-click download and install of fix packs, even across a cluster. The server metrics service provides information on how your Liferay instance is running. This includes data on pages, portlets, memory usage, JVM performance, and more. Note that the fix pack and subscription management features require an active Liferay subscription.
In order to offer the best service possible, we store the following information about your servers on the LCS servers: patches installed on each server, portal.properties (except sensitive data), JVM metrics, portal and portlet metrics, cache and server metrics. Sensitive data is defined as any key-value pair containing usernames or passwords.
This app will appear in your Control Panel once installed.
Liferay Connected Services Client requires the installation of the Liferay Portal 6.2 EE SP15+. In OpenShift and dockerized environments, the minimum Java requirement for LCS Client 5.0.0 is JDK 1.8.0_191.
- CLDSVCS-2595 As a System Admin, I want to see better descriptions of registration exceptions
- CLDSVCS-2841 Server with Websphere 126.96.36.199 and DXP 7.0 is unable to register
- CLDSVCS-3512 After unregistering a server, LCS Client UI briefly shows notification to download a new LCS client
- CLDSVCS-3566 As a System Admin, I want to use XML for licensing, but still use LCS services
- CLDSVCS-3620 CPU count is not updated on reconnection
- CLDSVCS-3766 LCS Client causes JVM to crash when deployed on WebLogic in Windows
- CLDSVCS-3771 LCS Client fetches incorrect number of processor cores on OpenShift (Kubernetes)
- CLDSVCS-3740 Server is failing to connect on IBM AIX 7.1