- Liferay Portal 6.1 CE GA2+
- Liferay Portal 6.1 EE GA2+
- Labs: This app is experimental and not supported by the developer.
Quote data is updated on the page in real-time
Support for anonymous and personalized portlets (logged-in and non-logged-in home screens)
Multiple instances of portlets on the same page (different portfolio sets)
Installation (for vanilla LifeRay 6.1 CE GA2 tomcat bundle):
1. Update tomcat Context.xml to indicate a JNDI datasource called "jdbc/openfeedaq"
2. Create tables for OPENFEEDAQ schema (tested with MySQL and MSSQL Server"
3. Deploy "ajaxquote-portlet-0.0.9.5.war"
4. Due to the issue (LPS-29103) with the deployment manager in LifeRay 6.1 CE GA2 the app deployment will fail (Spring contextListener position)
5 Stop the LifeRay server and edit the C:\liferay-portal-6.1.1-ce-ga2\tomcat-7.0.27\webapps\ajaxquote-portlet-0.0.9.5\WEB-INF\web.xml; moving the "<listener><listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class></listener>" to the top the web.xml
6. Restart the server and proceed to add unlimited amount of AjaxQuote Portlets to logged-in and anonymous pages.
Instructions and Examples of the Tomcat Context.xml and JBOSS datasource modules, source code and build scripts are all located on GitHub:
This app has been tested end to end on LifeRay Portal 6.1 CE GA2 Tomcat and JBOSS bundles. This app boots and works on LifeRay 6.1 Beta 1 (see screenshots). Due to a bug in JBOSS and MySQL requiring the MySQL dialect declared in the persistence unit we are required to make a specific build using the following--mvn clean install -P jpa20,mysql