Liferay CE Adaptive Media
- Liferay CE Portal 7.1 GA3+
- Liferay CE Portal 7.0 GA5+
- Liferay CE Portal 7.1 GA1+
- Liferay CE Portal 7.1 GA2+
- Security Enabled: This app uses Liferay's PACL Security Manager.
The Adaptive Media app tailors media in your portal to the device consuming it. Since users often consume media on multiple devices that have different screen sizes and capabilities, you should make sure that your portal presents that media in a manner suitable for each device. For example, portal administrators can configure the Adaptive Media app to send high-res images to high-res devices, low-res images to low-res devices, and so on. This ensures that your users have the best possible experience when consuming media from your portal, regardless of the device they use.
Note that at this time, the Adaptive Media app only works with images in Documents and Media, Blogs, and Web Content.
Once installed, the Adaptive Media app appears in the Control Panel, under the Configuration menu.
Please see the documentation for special installation instructions on Liferay Portal 7.0 CE GA5.
In Liferay CE 7.1, this app is installed by default and updated through Liferay DXP Fix Packs and Liferay Portal CE GA releases. Using Liferay Marketplace to update the app on Liferay CE 7.1 will cause an error.
- LPS-84090 Apply Petra-String StringBundler to modules starting with A to H
- LPS-84119 SourceFormatter improvements
- LPS-85296 Clean up @Component annotation
- LPS-86408 Set default Java version to 1.8 for OSGi projects
- LPS-86413 Use Lambda Expression instead of Anonymous Inner Class when possible
- LPS-86473 Startup error from incorrect dependency resolution