掲示板

Language deployment issues

thumbnail
12年前 に Dave Weitzel によって更新されました。

Language deployment issues

Regular Member 投稿: 208 参加年月日: 09/11/18 最新の投稿
Can anyone explain how Liferay actually detects and implements the various Language_xx.properties files?
I have added Language_fi.properties to a hook that I have running.
I thought I could just add it to the webapps/hookname/WEB_INF/classes/content directory and restart the server but it isn't found
I then added it to the webapps/hookname/WEB-INF/src/content/ directory as well (I always thought these were superflous in a deployed hook anyway)

but it still isn't picked up

So how does the system manage these files? Is there a record made somewhere when you actually deploy the hook through a war?
If I recall correctly when using the IDE I always had to rebuild the hook and then do a fresh restart and deploy before I could test the new language properties files (and then it had to be Language_en.properties - my locale being en_US.)

I would love there be a way to make more dynamic language changes - especially during development but also like in this case when I want to add new language file to existing site with minimal disruption.

Anyone able to throw light on this or make suggestion as to how to make things easier?
thumbnail
12年前 に Dave Weitzel によって更新されました。

RE: Language deployment issues

Regular Member 投稿: 208 参加年月日: 09/11/18 最新の投稿
Silly me
I didn't add an additional

<language-properties>content/Language_fi.properties</language-properties>
to the hook xml file

Still would prefer to just have entry here to say there are Language property files not having to specify them all.
thumbnail
11年前 に Orin Fink によって更新されました。

RE: Language deployment issues

Junior Member 投稿: 65 参加年月日: 10/03/25 最新の投稿
Dave, thanks for sharing your story... lead me right to the answer i was looking for tonight.