掲示板

Social Equity translation

thumbnail
12年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Social Equity translation

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6396 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
I don't know how it is in other languages, but I have problems translating "Social Equity" (or: I have problems with the current german translation: "Soziale Gerechtigkeit" - translated it's rather "social fairness"). Also, looking up "Equity" brings all kinds of "financial" translations.

I like the stackoverflow naming - they call it "reputation", IMHO fitting a lot better (and it's more motivating than building "tradeable" (because of the financial background) equity in a social environment. Is it ok to use this for the german translation? Is it something completely different? Do others have similar problems with their translation?
thumbnail
12年前 に Jonathon Omahen によって更新されました。

RE: Social Equity translation

Junior Member 投稿: 31 参加年月日: 09/09/28 最新の投稿
Olaf,

I hope this helps you a bit. "Reputation" is certainly an adequate translation, but it's not exactly the same thing. Reputation is dealing with how you are viewed within the community based on the value of your input, etc. Like thumbs up/thumbs down. Social Equity, though, refers more to your value as a participant in the social elements of the portal. To this end, don't think of "equity" as in trading, stocks and that sort of value. Rather, it is the connotation of "equity" as "intrinsic value", "capital", "added value" and the like. I realise that "equity" has many meanings depending on the context, so I'm hoping to clear some of that context up. emoticon
thumbnail
12年前 に Tobias Käfer によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 128 参加年月日: 08/03/28 最新の投稿
As the one that translated that, I have to confess, that it is a very bad translations.
But it is the best that I could find. I would appreciate any improvement on this.

I also thought of leaving it untouched, but it would have been worse since "equity" is mostly know in finance in Germany.
thumbnail
12年前 に Corné Aussems によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1313 参加年月日: 06/10/03 最新の投稿
I translated it as Social Value,
Someone suggested it to be Social Nominal Value or maybe Social Ordinal Value
thumbnail
12年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
Social value seems very good except translation of "value" to Japanese doesn't come out too well. Other alternatives many be "social status" and "social ranking". I think the words and connotations differ with the language.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
Other alternatives many be "social status" and "social ranking". I think the words and connotations differ with the language.

Yes, obviously they differ. I like the "status" approach very much - this would translate well to german. Is it usable in every context "Equity" is currently being used? Opinions? Tobias?
thumbnail

"Social Status"? Hm, would be "Sozialer Status" in German.
Which means (to me) something like driving a luxury car or a old rusty bucket.

Maybe the key is the "social"... I think in Germany this is a little of a problem, in directly translating this. Since it always deals with a financial status (income etc.).

As I am currently thinking about it... "Community ranking/status" in German "Geschmeinschaftsstatus" or "Gemeinschaftsrangliste" would be a litte less "critical"...
thumbnail

A functional correct translation would be "Bewertungsschema der sozialen Aktivitäten" in English "Rating schema of social activity"....
I'm just brainstorming...
thumbnail

Tobias Käfer:
As I am currently thinking about it... "Community ranking/status" in German "Geschmeinschaftsstatus" or "Gemeinschaftsrangliste" would be a litte less "critical"...

+1 for "Community Status", no further translation. I don't feel that there's any appropriate word with less than 36 characters in german - and that length would make it un-appropriate nevertheless.
thumbnail

I have changed that in pootle for German.
This is not really German at all, but it sufficient enough I think.