掲示板

Cannot Create EE server with Liferay IDE 1.6.1 Plugin and Helios 3.6.2

11年前 に Philip Barta によって更新されました。

Cannot Create EE server with Liferay IDE 1.6.1 Plugin and Helios 3.6.2

Junior Member 投稿: 57 参加年月日: 10/01/21 最新の投稿
The company I work for is an EE customer. We are required to move from Helios 3.6.1 to a version of Helios (3.6.2) bundled with Rational Team Concert and, in doing so, we just installed the Liferay ID 1.6.1 plugin into our new 3.6.2 environment. I am trying to set up my Liferay environment and I am unable to define an EE Server runtime environment within Window-> Preferences-> Runtime Environments-> Add: Liferay, Inc.. The only options I see are for CE servers or Liferay 6.x Runtime Stub. I went ahead and defined a Runtime Environment using the Runtime Stub and pointed it to my liferay-portal-6.0-ee-sp2. I then tried to define a Liferay EE 6.0 server in the server tab but I was only prompted with CE server and Remote Server options.

Is there any way to get an EE runtime defined within the 1.6.1 IDE plugin or do I need to use the Developer Studio?
thumbnail
11年前 に Mika Koivisto によって更新されました。

RE: Cannot Create EE server with Liferay IDE 1.6.1 Plugin and Helios 3.6.2

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1519 参加年月日: 06/08/07 最新の投稿
You need to use Developer Studio.

In terms of Liferay functionality, what is the difference between when you get with Liferay Developer Studio and the Liferay IDE Eclipse plugin? If, as an EE customer, we use the Liferay Eclipse IDE plugin instead of the Developer Studio, what will we be missing out on? The problem is that we have other integrations that we have to have to do our job (most notably IBM's Rational Team Concert) which have their own platforms versions of Eclipse.
thumbnail
11年前 に Gregory Amerson によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1123 参加年月日: 10/02/16 最新の投稿
Right now the only big noteworthy features in Developer Studio that aren't in IDE is

"Websphere Server adapter support"
"Kaleo Workflow Designer for Java"

You can also install the developer studio features (include Liferay IDE and the Studio only features) from an updatesite into your existing Eclipse install. You can see these liferay Developer Studio as an updatesite install option in the download page for Studio on the customer portal. Hope this helps.

Gregory,
Sorry, are you trying to say that we can upgrade from our current version of of the Liferay IDE plugin (1.1 or 1.2, I believe, which, I might add, has EE features) already installed in Eclipse to the new version (1.6.1) through the Help-> Check For Updates option in Eclipse? If that is what you are suggesting, will have all of the EE features that we are looking for? Or are you saying that we can download the Liferay Development studio from the customer site and copy from it what we need to make it a production environment?
thumbnail
11年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
If, as an EE customer, we use the Liferay Eclipse IDE plugin instead of the Developer Studio, what will we be missing out on?

I think you didn't comprehend Mika's answer. If you're going to be using EE, you need to use Developer Studio. Liferay IDE will only work with CE.
It's not a difference in features that matters. It's the limitation setup by Liferay.com that you need to use Developer Studio with EE.

"You can also install the developer studio features (include Liferay IDE and the Studio only features) from an updatesite into your existing Eclipse install. " - This is the statement that I was keying on which made it sound as if we could somehow get the Liferay Studio features into "[our] existing Eclipse install", meaning a way to get around using the Development Studio as an EE customer.
thumbnail
11年前 に Gregory Amerson によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1123 参加年月日: 10/02/16 最新の投稿
Philip Barta:
"You can also install the developer studio features (include Liferay IDE and the Studio only features) from an updatesite into your existing Eclipse install. " - This is the statement that I was keying on which made it sound as if we could somehow get the Liferay Studio features into "[our] existing Eclipse install", meaning a way to get around using the Development Studio as an EE customer.

Correct there are 2 ways to get the Developer Studio features, once is with the stand-alone DeveloperStudio package (Eclipse product). Or the other is to install them into your own Eclipse using the updatesite and simply installing from features. I know you guys all know this but I'm trying to just make it crystal clear for others that may be reading this thread. emoticon