掲示板

Developing a Liferay theme using Eclipse Indigo

11年前 に Ram A によって更新されました。

Developing a Liferay theme using Eclipse Indigo

Junior Member 投稿: 76 参加年月日: 13/01/16 最新の投稿
Hi Team,

I am new to Liferay.
I am using liferay 6.0.6 and i tried to created a Theme by choosing "File -->New -->Liferay Project --> and then Theme

it gives the below error.
Failed while installing Liferay Theme 6.0.Reason :
Failed while installing Liferay Theme 6.0.

when i go to details section of the error it showing "java.lang.NullPointerException".but theme is created and have the below structure :

docroot
-----META-INF
-----MANIFEST.MF
-----WEB-INF
-----lib
-----src

Can you please help me why it is coming and how to resolve it.

Thanks in advance
Ram A
thumbnail
11年前 に Gregory Amerson によって更新されました。

RE: Developing a Liferay theme using Eclipse Indigo

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1123 参加年月日: 10/02/16 最新の投稿
Can you open the Eclipse error log and post the entire error message. (Window > show view > other > general > error log)

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for the help.
Below is the error i am getting in the error log.

The file does not exist for the external tool named liferay-plugins-sdk-6.0.6 build.xml [create].

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: The file does not exist for the external tool named liferay-plugins-sdk-6.0.6 build.xml [create].
at org.eclipse.core.externaltools.internal.launchConfigurations.ExternalToolsCoreUtil.abort(ExternalToolsCoreUtil.java:53)
at org.eclipse.core.externaltools.internal.launchConfigurations.ExternalToolsCoreUtil.getLocation(ExternalToolsCoreUtil.java:84)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.launching.launchConfigurations.AntLaunchDelegate.launch(AntLaunchDelegate.java:155)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:696)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.ui.util.LaunchHelper.launch(LaunchHelper.java:177)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.sdk.util.SDKHelper.runTarget(SDKHelper.java:187)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.sdk.util.SDKHelper.runTarget(SDKHelper.java:171)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.sdk.SDK.createNewThemeProject(SDK.java:400)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.theme.core.facet.ThemePluginFacetInstall.execute(ThemePluginFacetInstall.java:75)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.callDelegate(FacetedProject.java:1477)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.modifyInternal(FacetedProject.java:441)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.mergeChangesInternal(FacetedProject.java:1181)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.access$2(FacetedProject.java:1117)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject$5.run(FacetedProject.java:1099)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2344)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.mergeChanges(FacetedProject.java:1109)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProjectWorkingCopy.commitChanges(FacetedProjectWorkingCopy.java:2020)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.performFinish(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:400)
at org.eclipse.wst.web.ui.internal.wizards.NewProjectDataModelFacetWizard.performFinish(NewProjectDataModelFacetWizard.java:282)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.ui.wizard.NewPluginProjectWizard.performFinish(NewPluginProjectWizard.java:266)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard$3.run(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:331)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard$4.run(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:345)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

I haven't modified anything under liferay-plugin-sdk .

Can you please help me.

Thanks in advance
Ram A
thumbnail

Ram A:
Hi Gregory,

Thanks for the help.

The file does not exist for the external tool named liferay-plugins-sdk-6.0.6 build.xml [create].

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: The file does not exist for the external tool named liferay-plugins-sdk-6.0.6 build.xml [create].
at org.eclipse.core.externaltools.internal.launchConfigurations.ExternalToolsCoreUtil.abort(ExternalToolsCoreUtil.java:53)
at org.eclipse.core.externaltools.internal.launchConfigurations.ExternalToolsCoreUtil.getLocation(ExternalToolsCoreUtil.java:84)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.launching.launchConfigurations.AntLaunchDelegate.launch(AntLaunchDelegate.java:155)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:696)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.theme.core.facet.ThemePluginFacetInstall.execute(ThemePluginFacetInstall.java:75)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.callDelegate(FacetedProject.java:1477)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.modifyInternal(FacetedProject.java:441)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.mergeChangesInternal(FacetedProject.java:1181)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.access$2(FacetedProject.java:1117)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject$5.run(FacetedProject.java:1099)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProject.mergeChanges(FacetedProject.java:1109)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.internal.FacetedProjectWorkingCopy.commitChanges(FacetedProjectWorkingCopy.java:2020)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.performFinish(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:400)
at org.eclipse.wst.web.ui.internal.wizards.NewProjectDataModelFacetWizard.performFinish(NewProjectDataModelFacetWizard.java:282)
at com.liferay.ide.eclipse.project.ui.wizard.NewPluginProjectWizard.performFinish(NewPluginProjectWizard.java:266)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard$3.run(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:331)
at org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.ui.ModifyFacetedProjectWizard$4.run(ModifyFacetedProjectWizard.java:345)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Can you please help me.

Thanks in advance
Ram A

Hey Ram A,

Do you happen to have the SDK folder opened as a project inside of eclipse but happen to have it closed? If so can you either open the project or delete it (and don't delete the contents) and try again?

Gregory Amerson:
Ram A:
Hi Gregory,

Thanks for the help.

Can you please help me.

Thanks in advance
Ram A

Hey Ram A,

Do you happen to have the SDK folder opened as a project inside of eclipse but happen to have it closed? If so can you either open the project or delete it (and don't delete the contents) and try again?

Hi Gregory,
Thanks for the reply.

I haven't opened the Liferay plugin SDK folder as a project in eclipse.
Itried to create a theme but it gave the same error.

And then i opened the SDK folder as project in eclipse(by selecting the checkbox infront of "open in eclipse" while configuring the plugin sdk) and the again i tried to create the theme.But agian it gave the same error.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance
Ram A
thumbnail

Do you have any other projects open that happen to link or include the files that are in the SDK folder?

Another alternative is for you to create the theme project manually using the create.sh in the themes folder of the SDK using the command line tool in the SDK. Then you can import this into Eclipse using the "New Liferay Project from existing Source" wizard, or the import liferay project from existing source wizard (same wizard just with two names). Sorry but this is only workaround that I know of right now.

Gregory Amerson:
Do you have any other projects open that happen to link or include the files that are in the SDK folder?

Another alternative is for you to create the theme project manually using the create.sh in the themes folder of the SDK using the command line tool in the SDK. Then you can import this into Eclipse using the "New Liferay Project from existing Source" wizard, or the import liferay project from existing source wizard (same wizard just with two names). Sorry but this is only workaround that I know of right now.

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for the help.
As you mentioned i created a Liferay theme manually using create.bat command in the themes folder of the sdk plugin using the command line tool.
And i imported the theme into eclipse using "New Liferay Project from existing source" wizard.

I am using Liferay Server v6.1.0-CE with tomcat-7.0.23 and liferay-plugins-sdk-6.1.1.
I tried to build and deploy the theme using plugin sdk in eclipse.
Then i got the below error .
Task cannot continue because ECJ is not installed.
ECJ was automatically installed. Please rerun your task.

I added the ecj jar in Apache ant lib folder and configured the Ant plugin (Ant-Home) in eclipse and again i tried to build it.
it was giving the below error.

I tried to build the theme using ant command (ant deploy) also.
It gave me the same error.

15:04:27,156 INFO [ThemeAutoDeployListener:44] Copying themes for D:\SOFTWARES\Liferay-6.1.0.CE\liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1\deploy\Sample-app-theme.war
15:04:27,156 ERROR [AutoDeployDir:197] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Sample-app-theme.war does not support this version of Liferay
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Sample-app-theme.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ThemeAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ThemeAutoDeployer.java:88)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ThemeAutoDeployListener.deploy(ThemeAutoDeployListener.java:47)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:180)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:222)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:50)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Sample-app-theme.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:746)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ThemeAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ThemeAutoDeployer.java:85)
... 4 more

15:05:45,554 INFO [AutoDeployDir:172] Processing Sample-app-theme-6.1.1.1.war. This is attempt 9.
15:05:45,554 INFO [ThemeAutoDeployListener:44] Copying themes for D:\SOFTWARES\Liferay-6.1.0.CE\liferay-portal-6.1.0-ce-ga1\deploy\Sample-app-theme-6.1.1.1.war
15:05:45,554 ERROR [AutoDeployDir:197] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Sample-app-theme-6.1.1.1.war does not support this version of Liferay
com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Sample-app-theme-6.1.1.1.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ThemeAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ThemeAutoDeployer.java:88)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ThemeAutoDeployListener.deploy(ThemeAutoDeployListener.java:47)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.processFile(AutoDeployDir.java:180)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployDir.scanDirectory(AutoDeployDir.java:222)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner.run(AutoDeployScanner.java:50)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: Sample-app-theme-6.1.1.1.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:746)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ThemeAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ThemeAutoDeployer.java:85)
... 4 more
15:05:45,555 INFO [AutoDeployDir:203] Add Sample-app-theme-6.1.1.1.war to the blacklist

I checked the auto deploy folder of liferay server and dist folder in plugin sdk .The war created was there but it is not deploying from auto deploy folder.

Am a using wrong versions of plugin sdk and liferay server?
Is it because of those wrong versions.

Please anyone help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance
Ram A