掲示板

Forms is not registered as Asset Renderer in DXP

6年前 に Bhavik Shah によって更新されました。

Forms is not registered as Asset Renderer in DXP

Junior Member 投稿: 64 参加年月日: 15/05/21 最新の投稿
Hello Team,

As we all know Forms are newly introduced in liferay DXP, I can see DDLFormAssetRenderer class is having include method which includes following
request.setAttribute(DDLWebKeys.DYNAMIC_DATA_LISTS_RECORD, _record);

And that is the reason Form is not available in Configuration of Asset Publisher however I can see Dynamic Data List is there.
Can anyone tell why Forms are not configured in Asset Publisher.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavik
thumbnail
6年前 に Russell Bohl によって更新されました。

RE: Forms is not registered as Asset Renderer in DXP

Expert 投稿: 291 参加年月日: 13/02/13 最新の投稿
Actually, I don't think the code you mentioned is what keeps Form records from the Asset Publisher, though I could be wrong. Instead, the asset visibility for forms records is set to false in the service layer, and its AssetRendererFactory sets selectable to false. I believe that's what keeps it from the Asset Publisher. To answer why the Forms developers would want it to be invisible to the asset publisher, think about the purpose of Forms versus DDL in the UI.

DDL and Forms are both form building tools, but DDL also supports displaying the collected data (its display template). So it makes sense that you'd want to be able to search for DDL records in the search portlet and display them in the asset publisher. That's why they're asset enabled and indexed. I can't see a use case for displaying forms in the asset publisher.

Basically, Forms data is not currently displayable anywhere in the DXP UI except in the Forms Control Panel Portlet, so why would it be searchable or displayable in the Asset Publisher?

I do have a question directly to some of the Forms developers about this. If they say I'm wrong I'll get back to you.
6年前 に Bhavik Shah によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 64 参加年月日: 15/05/21 最新の投稿
Hi Russell,

Thanks for your explanation. Actually Form is more user friendly compared to dynamic data list.
My understanding was, can't we create display template for Form and render in Asset Publisher so that when User is logged in he/she can see all available forms in one portlet(Asset Publisher) and from there he can click and fill the form and submit.
Right now Form is configured in Form Portlet in configuration mode only same as Web Content Display Portlet.

Regards,
Bhavik
thumbnail
6年前 に Russell Bohl によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 291 参加年月日: 13/02/13 最新の投稿
My understanding was, can't we create display template for Form and render in Asset Publisher so that when User is logged in he/she can see all available forms in one portlet(Asset Publisher) and from there he can click and fill the form and submit.

Okay, I see what you're looking for. Here's one solution:
Publish any form you want users to fill out. Copy the form link.
Create a Bookmarks Entry for each Forms link. Maybe even put these into a Bookmarks Folder called Available Forms or something.
Configure the Asset Publisher to display Bookmarks Entries or your Bookmarks Folder.
Live long and prosper.