掲示板

using SessionClicks or cookies to maintain state through session

6年前 に David Weitzel によって更新されました。

using SessionClicks or cookies to maintain state through session

Junior Member 投稿: 65 参加年月日: 15/10/07 最新の投稿
I need to be able to record a user's interaction with an element on the screen (alerting them to new information).
I can get the data to display via json calls but I need them to be able to dismiss for the duration of that session so they don't get annoyed or until new information is ready for them to see.

I cannot see any tutorial on how to use sessionClicks for this (like the product and other menus are remembered in classic theme) or may be I should use cookies instead? In fact a write up of how the Control menu is able to remember its open/closed elements would be a great start.

how have others addressed this - is there anything in AUI/Lexicon that would help looking to use the Lexicon Modal interface when there is data to display.
thumbnail
6年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: using SessionClicks or cookies to maintain state through session

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Session usage is evil and should be avoided at all costs.

Look to browser-side state storage (either in browser store or in a cookie) or persist on server side in a persistent store (such as the database).

But do not use the session. The session is an evil hack created back in the day when developers didn't have stable browser storage or easy persistence support, but these days the only thing session storage brings you is pain, especially when dealing with a cluster or cloud hosting or ...

Come meet me at 2017 LSNA!