掲示板

Can't properly create Service Builder

6年前 に Pablo Yuste Soto によって更新されました。

Can't properly create Service Builder

New Member 投稿: 14 参加年月日: 17/10/03 最新の投稿
Hello again,

I'm trying to create the service.xml file so I can use the ORM capabilities of Liferay, and I'm trying to do so with the Service Builder that comes bundled with Liferay IDE's plugin for Eclipse.

My environment is:

JDK 8
Eclipse Neon 3 + LIferay IDE plugin
Liferay Portal 7 with Tomcat (correctly working)

Thing is, when I try to create a plugin project with Maven, I get plenty of errors, and then I can't select that project in order to use it for the Service Builder, when the window asks the user to select a Plugin Project. That select input is tottaly empty, no matter if I have plugin projects already created or not.

Why do I need a plugin project for this matter? Isn't there some kind of tool that lets us graphically create the service.xml and then deploy it in the server? Also, the "browser" button doesn't show up anything. The whole view is super bugged...

RE: Can't properly create Service Builder

UPDATE

Ok, I'm trying to do it manually. I created service.xml in a Liferay Portlet Module (which is working correctly), and then I could manage it with the graphic editor with no problem.

I created two test entities for giving a try to this Service Builder thingy. Then, I tried using the build-service command, but it gave me the following error:

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Task 'buildService' not found in root project 'pr'.

* Try:
Run gradle tasks to get a list of available tasks. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 0.135 secs

How can I fix this?
thumbnail
6年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Maven w/ service builder for LR7 works, that I know.

What I don't know is how, exactly, you created your project.

Did you use the com.liferay:com.liferay.project.templates.service.builder archetype for your project? If you did, you'd be able to pull in the two maven projects into Eclipse and the wizard will be available on the service.xml file.

Come meet me at 2017 LSNA!

David H Nebinger:
Maven w/ service builder for LR7 works, that I know.

What I don't know is how, exactly, you created your project.

Did you use the com.liferay:com.liferay.project.templates.service.builder archetype for your project? If you did, you'd be able to pull in the two maven projects into Eclipse and the wizard will be available on the service.xml file.

Thank you for your help, but, how can I use that archetype for creating a project? I'm not very familiar with Maven (close to 0 experience with it), so I don't really understand the terms nor how to do this. Anyways, my project was created with the "Liferay Module Project" wizard, and contains a portlet that works perfectly.