掲示板

Customizing Simulation Menu

6年前 に Karl Chin によって更新されました。

Customizing Simulation Menu

Junior Member 投稿: 28 参加年月日: 16/10/05 最新の投稿
Hi Experts,

I am using Liferay 7 GA4 for customization. I have successfully hided the entire control.menu for non-admin users. However, I want the Simulation Menu to be visible to all users for them to customize their own personal site, for instance, adding portlet to their site.

How can I customize only the Simulation Menu and put it into the web content or in the navigation bar?

Thanks.

All the best,
Karl Chin

添付ファイル:

RE: Customizing Simulation Menu

Hi Everyone,

Anyone has idea on that? I wanna isolate the 'Add' button in the Simulation Menu.

TIA,

All the best,
Karl Chin
thumbnail
6年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
It depends on how you successfully hid the entire Control Menu.

Typically I'd advise doing it via permissions to all child elements, but that might still leave some leftovers. If you go a different route and hide (e.g. CSS "display:none;") the full top bar, it'll be gone for good. No more room for the "add" button and you'd have to find the ControlMenu's implementation to see how it embeds this control.

A good help might be to read "Customizing the Control Menu". To my knowledge, ControlMenu itself is an empty container and all of the default Liferay controls appearing in it are already extensions that follow this technique. By locating the "Add Application" extension, you might get a hint on where it's implemented. There's a good chance that this ends up being a portlet that you can reuse in your replacement of ControlPanel.

Hi Olaf,

Yes, it really depends on how I hided the "Control Menu".

Or let's think of another way. Is it possible for removing the "Sites Category" in the "Control Menu"? As the link you provided is just showing how to add category.

You advice is highly appreciated.emoticon

All the best,
Karl Chin
6年前 に Resmy Mathew によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 13/04/05 最新の投稿
Hi Karl Chin,

Can you tell how you have hide the control menu for non admin users?

regards
Resmy