掲示板

Some sites from one Liferay instance are seen in all other Liferay instanes

6年前 に Alla Sapozhnikova によって更新されました。

Some sites from one Liferay instance are seen in all other Liferay instanes

Junior Member 投稿: 81 参加年月日: 12/03/02 最新の投稿
Hi there,

I have a Liferay installation with a number of Liferay instances in it. Some of the sites from one Liferay instance are seen in all other instances. But I can see these sites only when I go to assign a site to a user. If I go to Control Panel/Sites the sites are only seen in their instance.

I cannot figure out how and why this is happening?
Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas?

Thank you.
Alla
thumbnail
6年前 に Christoph Rabel によって更新されました。

RE: Some sites from one Liferay instance are seen in all other Liferay inst

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1554 参加年月日: 09/09/24 最新の投稿
Feels like a bug to me.
Liferay version?

Liferay version is 6.2

Maybe it's a bug. I have hundreds of sites. And the sites I am asking about don't seem to be any different than other. So, I don't know how to reproduce the bug in a clean instance.
thumbnail
6年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Alla Sapozhnikova:
Liferay version is 6.2

Maybe it's a bug. I have hundreds of sites. And the sites I am asking about don't seem to be any different than other. So, I don't know how to reproduce the bug in a clean instance.

Which exact version of Liferay 6.2?

A site has exactly one companyId (more is not possible in the Demoticon and that must match the companyId for the user. (CompanyId is the technical term for the id of an instance). If there is anything spilling over to another instance, I can only imagine this to be coming from either some wrong reference (e.g. through manually changing the database) or a corrupt fulltext-index (I'm not sure if some aspect of searching for sites is done with index help, searching for users is using the index)

The site's company id does not match the user's company id and yet, I can see some sites from a different instance(company id) when trying to assign a site.

No manual changes to the database were made. Do you think any re-indexing will help?

Thank you.
Alla
thumbnail

Alla Sapozhnikova:
Do you think any re-indexing will help?

It'll be quicker to just try than to argue about it. (Read: I don't know)
If this takes prohibitively long or seems like a big risk: Restore your backup to a new system and try it out there. Positive side effect: You've demonstrated that you're able to restore from backup.

Olaf Kock:

If this takes prohibitively long or seems like a big risk: Restore your backup to a new system and try it out there. Positive side effect: You've demonstrated that you're able to restore from backup.

I re-indexed organizations through the Liferay GUI. It did not help. I don't think there is an option to re-index sites, is there?

What is the sequence of events when restoring from backup? Can I use a clean Liferay installation, and then restore the database from the backup, and copy data files? Will this work?

If I manage to restore the iLifeary installation from the backup, whot do I need to re-index? The whole suite?

Thank you very much for your help.
thumbnail

Alla Sapozhnikova:
What is the sequence of events when restoring from backup? Can I use a clean Liferay installation, and then restore the database from the backup, and copy data files? Will this work?

If I manage to restore the Liferay installation from the backup, what do I need to re-index? The whole suite?

This depends on your backup: To have a running Liferay installation, you'll need
  • The application server / web server with its configuration
  • Liferay's deployed code and plugins
  • Liferay's database (including the document library, in case that's stored in the file system - which is default)
  • all of your integrated systems
  • the search index

I might have forgotten something - this is why it's nice to test the restore operation to a new server, as laid out above. Some people opt to not have a backup of their search index, instead they will reindex all after restore. When it takes prohibitively long to reindex, this is not an option. Otherwise it is. It's completely your choice.

I have the principle that you're only allowed to call your "backup" a "Backup" if you've recently demonstrated that you can use this set of data to do a full restore of an operative server. What you need to restore totally depends on your installation. A starting point for Liferay is in the documentation