掲示板

How to generate graphical reports for utilisation by end user of our portal

thumbnail
6年前 に Ujjainee Sarkar によって更新されました。

How to generate graphical reports for utilisation by end user of our portal

Regular Member 投稿: 127 参加年月日: 16/07/20 最新の投稿
I want to know that in Liferay 6.1 how to provide detailed end to end analysis of the utilisation done by end users across all sections of our portal/site and also provide Graphical representation along with auto scheduled reports. I have read about visioneo reports. Can it be used for the same. I'm not clear actually about it usage. Please help.
thumbnail
6年前 に Andrew Jardine によって更新されました。

RE: How to generate graphical reports for utilisation by end user of our po

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2416 参加年月日: 10/12/22 最新の投稿
Hi Ujjainee,

What do you mean by --

end to end analysis of the utilisation done by end users across all sections of our portal/site

-- do you mean, I log into the site, track all the clicks I make, and then another user logs into the site, track all the clicks (path) they take? That sort o thing? or are you looking to do even more detail?

Maybe if you can provide a couple of sample use cases it will help us to figure out how you might achieve your goals.
thumbnail

Hello Andrew,
I want to know which users are using my sites, which user visited which page, etc,etc. I think google analytics will be the best one for it isn't it?
thumbnail

Yes -- chance are that is correct. Google tracks click events so, as far as I know, it will track actions that the user performs that don't necessarily result in a new page being loaded. For example, I click on the "plan details" to view more information about the Gold plan, then I click on the plan details for the Bronze plan -- and proceed by upgrading to Bronze. I have never left the page, but GA can track that flow. I can then analyze the trend and maybe I find that the Gold plan is the one that people open first (perhaps it has the best content to generate interest) but then people always go to Bronze -- so that might indicate to me that my Gold plan is too expensive. I think that is probably a little off subject, but the point I was trying to make is that GA will track more than just page visits (if configured properly) and you get all the reporting and dashboards and all that automagically. If it is an option, I'd go with it -- but there are other options like using the http request logs from the server, or piwik, etc. GA I think is probably the most commonly used though -- especially for a public site.
thumbnail

Yeah exactly this is what I want for my site! To track down all minute details about the visitors!!! Thanks Andrew for the detailed description!!!emoticon
thumbnail

No problem. For your (and others who venture down this road) reference: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/
thumbnail

Thanx a lot!!!emoticon