掲示板

Large file uploading (GB of data) using Liferay

6年前 に Michaela Bamburova によって更新されました。

Large file uploading (GB of data) using Liferay

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 17/05/23 最新の投稿
Is it possible to send/upload a large file (cca 2Gemoticon using Liferay and UploadPortletRequest uploadRequest = PortalUtil.getUploadPortletRequest(request);?

I understand that data transmission is limited by default to 104857600 B but I found out that by changing the limit to 0 the amount of sent data should be unlimited. Temporary storage directory should be used to avoid OutOfMemoryException or something like that (I guess..)

Screenshot of Control panel of Liferay with File Uploads Settings:Control Panel, Administration

Is it possible to send 2GB file using this technique? If so, please, could you tell me how, and what settings shall I use for the Limit and Temporary Storage Directory?

If this solution is not working what is the best way to do it using Liferay?

I am trying to upload 2GB files to server. I am using traditional approach of file sending in Java `FileChannel` and `FileInputStream, FileOutputStream` which works fine for smaller files and successfully stores them in the directory on server. But the same approach doesn't work for large files and I am getting `SecurityPortletContainerWrapper` warning.
thumbnail
6年前 に Suresh Nimmakayala によって更新されました。

RE: Large file uploading (GB of data) using Liferay (回答)

Liferay Master 投稿: 690 参加年月日: 04/08/18 最新の投稿
did you updated ? dl.file.max.size= in portal-ext.properties
6年前 に Michaela Bamburova によって更新されました。

RE: Large file uploading (GB of data) using Liferay [solved]

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 17/05/23 最新の投稿
Suresh Nimmakayala:
did you updated ? dl.file.max.size= in portal-ext.properties

Yes, I used this approach and it is working fine. I set the value via Control Panel -> Server Administration -> File Uploads (I am using Liferay 6.2).
But I don't know which is better, using dl.file.max.size in portal-ext.properties or through Control Panel? Can you explain me this, please? When I restart Liferay, is the value overwritten in both cases?

The next thing is that I don't know what function provides Temporary Storage Directory. I know, that it is used for storing some data in some temp file..but it is working like something like caching the parts of actually uploading file? I store my files on the remote Liferay server in liferay.home directory. So it is useful to use Temporary Storage Directory in my case (uploading GB files on remote Liferay server)?

This is part of my school project and I am really new in Liferay.
Thanks for response. emoticon
thumbnail
6年前 に Suresh Nimmakayala によって更新されました。

RE: Large file uploading (GB of data) using Liferay [solved]

Liferay Master 投稿: 690 参加年月日: 04/08/18 最新の投稿
The values seen in Control Panel are the final

are you talking Temporary Storage Directory is that what you are referring tomcat/temp folder .tmp files ?

then look
https://web.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/2812765