掲示板

DXP has "Fully Qualified Portlet ID" difference from 6.2?

6年前 に Darong Mean によって更新されました。

DXP has "Fully Qualified Portlet ID" difference from 6.2?

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 13/09/11 最新の投稿
Hi all,

I'm evaluating migration from 6.2 to DXP. During the process I noticed that there's a different in the fully qualified portlet id generated from 6.2 and DXP. I couldn't find the note of this change. Maybe I miss some documents?

For example, the login portlet is "_com_liferay_login_web_portlet_LoginPortlet" in DXP. But it is "_58_" in 6.2.

I wonder if it's because of DXP settings or is there anyway to change the generated value in DXP. Would anyone kindly point me to the right direction?

添付ファイル:

thumbnail
6年前 に Alberto Chaparro によって更新されました。

RE: DXP has "Fully Qualified Portlet ID" difference from 6.2?

Liferay Master 投稿: 549 参加年月日: 11/04/25 最新の投稿
Hi Darong,

From my understanding this is because the modularization. In DXP a lot of funcionalities have been splitted into multiple modules so we use that identifier to easily distingush them.

Best regards.
thumbnail
6年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
yes, several portlet ids have changed. What is it that hinders you in your upgrade evaluation? The change should be transparent unless you have hardcoded any 6.2 URL in one of your customizations or plugins. Which would be a mistake to be fixed in your code, not in the portlet's ID.

Thanks for quick reply, Alberto and Olaf.

There are two concerns from my part:
1. As you said, we have hard-coded the url because we need to integrate with other systems. That would be an easy fix.
2. We are building a consumer site. Some feedback from users is that they don't like this long url.

I know that I can use a friendly url for custom build portlets. Can I customize the friendly url of standard portlet? What would be the recommended way?
thumbnail
6年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Darong Mean:
1. As you said, we have hard-coded the url because we need to integrate with other systems. That would be an easy fix.

Do not hard code portlet names into your urls. Instead, look at the friendly url mappers. Will allow you to define friendly urls that outside systems can use to get to portlets or pages.

2. We are building a consumer site. Some feedback from users is that they don't like this long url.

Friendly URLs will solve this problem also.

Can I customize the friendly url of standard portlet? What would be the recommended way?

Not really. Many of them already support a friendly url format, but you can't really change their meanings to get a reasonable outcome. If a portlet expects an id, for example, you can't really remove that requirement and expect it to work.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!

Thanks David.

That's very helpful. I'll see what I can do about it.