掲示板

Social Office 1.5b and SSL/HTTPS

12年前 に Trevor Townsend によって更新されました。

Social Office 1.5b and SSL/HTTPS

Junior Member 投稿: 26 参加年月日: 11/05/11 最新の投稿
Hello all,

I'm a new SO admin and user, and I am really enjoying the software. I see great potential for my consulting practice to use this to keep our clients, associates, partners, etc. close to us and collaborating for mutual success.

I would like to secure my SO installation with SSL/HTTPS and ahve read through this wiki article:
http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/HTTPS+Architecture+with+Liferay;jsessionid=01507CDFA23650EA05E69823BD0F6206.node-1#section-HTTPS+Architecture+with+Liferay-2.LiferaySSLConfiguration

My set up is Ubuntu server 10.04 with apache2, mysql, and php. After following all of the presecribed steps up to and including "b) Configure the Tomcat server for SSL " I am not able to connect to https. I cannot understand why not.

Has anyone here been able to successfully secure their SO 1.5b install with SSL?
Also, I am a new admin, but I learn quickly and can follow clear instructions very well.

Many thanks in advance,
Trevor.

RE: Social Office 1.5b and SSL/HTTPS

bump.

Anyone?
thumbnail
12年前 に Ryan Park によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 120 参加年月日: 07/08/28 最新の投稿
Hi Trevor,

It is difficult for me understand your issue because there isn't to much detail but I would recommend that you double check your apache config.

If you're still having difficulty and you're deploying a mission critical application, I would contact our professional services (sales@liferay.com) and they get someone to get your application online.

Hi Ryan,

I apologize for the lack of details - I wasn't sure what to include.
I'm going to have another go at configuring SSL and I'll take notes and report what does/not work.

Many thanks,
Trevor.

Hi Ryan,

Just a quick update; I tried again to configure SSL on Tomcat with the goal of reproducing the original errors and posting them here.
This time, however, I used this guide: Apache Tomcat 6.0 SSL Configuration

It worked!

I learned a few things in the process.
1. My install has both Apache2 (with SSL configured) and Tomcat. I thought Apache2 was in front of and serving to/from the Tomcat app server. Nope; they are both independent.
2. I did not know the difference between APR/non-APR Tomcat installations. Mine is non-APR as the native libraries are absent. I had been using an APR-based configuration guide.
3. Don't give up because the answer is usually right around the corner. This forms my complete learning style in the Linux environment.

Now I can give a proper demo to my client of Social Office!

Cheers!
Trevor
thumbnail

Great news! I hope your demo with your client is a success.

Hey Ryan,

I have to say that SO is exceeding my expectations as a social DMS. My client is very impressed by the potential for integrating SO into their environment.

I have a question however - I might have missed something, but isn't it possible to edit documents online? I must be experiencing selective blindness because I can't see where this option/action lives. (maybe this should be a new thread?)

Best,
Trevor.
thumbnail

Hi Trevor,

Sorry your reply has slipped through, I hope this finds you.

Social Office does use the SharePoint protocol to provide the "Edit Online" feature for MS Office documents but it is only available on 1.6EE or better as we have added it on after we cut the 1.5b.

To use this you'll need to use Internet Explorer 6 or better since the it will use ActiveX to launch MS Office (you'll also need MS Office 2003 or better installed emoticon). From there you'll log in to Social Office from Word, Excel, etc. and saves will be automatically saved to Social Office. Once complete you'll need to go back to Social Office and complete the versioning process.

In Social Office 1.6 and 2.0, you'll see this as an extra option browsing the document library when using Internet Explorer. However in 2.0, this feature is not compatible when browsing an outside repository such as Documentum or SharePoint (a new feature to Liferay 6.1 and Social Office 2.0) though we're looking into what is possible and hopefully an upcoming version will support it.

Social Office 2.0 will be released later this year. We're aiming for a mid to late summer lunch (this time a CE and EE version will be concurrently released).

Best,
Ryan