掲示板

Modifying OOTB Portlet

7年前 に Kulal Santosh Kumar によって更新されました。

Modifying OOTB Portlet

New Member 投稿: 13 参加年月日: 14/10/29 最新の投稿
Hi,

Is there a way to change the Liferay OOTB portlet which are available in Liferay Marktetplace(like Chart Portlet)?
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Modifying OOTB Portlet

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
The license might not allow you to do that.

If the seller of the portlet, in this case the chart portlet from Savoir Faire Linux (which is not, by the way, an OOTB portlet) wanted you to make changes they would have provided the source.

Thanks David.

Below is my scenario. Please help

I have downloaded Chat Portlet as .lpkg file for Liferay DXP from MartketPlace. I am able to deploy it in my server and i can see it at the bottom of the page with all the users logged in. This Liferay Chat.lpkg has 3 jars and a properties file( com.liferay.chat.web-1.0.5.jar , com.liferay.chat.service-1.0.9.jar , com.liferay.chat.api-1.0.2.jar and liferay-marketplace.properties) in it.

Now, I have a requirement where i need to show in Chat Portlet only the logged in users who belonged the same Site(not all users). For this i need to change the property buddy.list.strategy=sites in portlet-ext.porperties file. But as per my analysis by seeing the source code portlet.properties has been removed for Chat Portlet in Liferay DXP. So this means i need to modify the Liferay Chat.lpkg file.

Now as per the below link
https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/blob/master/tools/osgi-marketplace-override-README.markdown

explains the concept of modifying the files in .lpkg folder. Accordingly i have modified the changes and placed the com.liferay.chat.service.jar in Liferay instance's osgi/marketplace/override folder. I have modified ChatGroupServiceConfiguration.class and com.liferay.chat.configuration.ChatGroupServiceConfiguration.xml file and updated the buddyListStrategy value to sites

But still its not working. Seems like i am close to the resolution but yet to achieve this. Appreciate your help. Thank you.
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
So first just a simple question, have you checked the config admin panel to see if this was something that could change by configuration? I don't know, but if it is configurable then it would save a lot of further research...

David H Nebinger:
So first just a simple question, have you checked the config admin panel to see if this was something that could change by configuration? I don't know, but if it is configurable then it would save a lot of further research...

I searched for configuration in Control Panel but i couldn't get such config for Chat Portlet. Where do i need to check? I may have searched in wrong menu. Please suggest