掲示板

Migrate webcontent from 5.2 to 7

thumbnail
7年前 に David Bougearel によって更新されました。

Migrate webcontent from 5.2 to 7

Junior Member 投稿: 54 参加年月日: 16/06/30 最新の投稿
Hello,

Could you help find the best way to be able to migrate existing webcontent lar file from 5.2 to 7.0 ?
As i see, webcontents in 5.2 may content image for images gallery, document library, templates and structures ...

I know liferay 6.2 and 7 so i need to know how to migrate this 5.2 webcontent lar file.
Are they some upgrade tools to do this ? documentation ? Do i have to create migration scripts ?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards,
David.
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Migrate webcontent from 5.2 to 7 (回答)

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14918 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
David Bougearel:
Could you help find the best way to be able to migrate existing webcontent lar file from 5.2 to 7.0 ?

It is not possible. LARs can only import from the same version of Liferay, they are not coded to support content upgrade during import.

As i see, webcontents in 5.2 may content image for images gallery, document library, templates and structures ...

And those are only the major differences, there's tons of minor differences that prevent this kind of thing.

Your only "automatic" path will be to load the lar into a 5.2 environ and then do incremental upgrades in the environment to work your way up to 7.

It might technically be easier to manually migrate the stuff from 5.2 to 7 by using a lot of copy n paste depending upon the size of the content.
thumbnail
7年前 に David Bougearel によって更新されました。

RE: Migrate webcontent from 5.2 to 7

Hi David,

Thanks for your quick answer, i was thinking to the same approch (first migrate by steps, otherwise manually migrate content to L7).
Have a nice day.

Best regards,
David.
thumbnail
6年前 に David Bougearel によって更新されました。

Hi,

Is it the same process for EE webcontent data migration ? i mean from 5.2 EE to Liferay DXP ?

Thanks.

Best regards,
David.
thumbnail
6年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

David Bougearel:
Is it the same process for EE webcontent data migration ? i mean from 5.2 EE to Liferay DXP ?

Yes, you'd have to incrementally step from 5.2 (EE) through Liferay 7 CE (DXP).

Enterprise customers are not exempted from this necessary data migration path.

Note that for such a jump I would not worry about updating plugins to each incremental level, you're just trying to get your database and data folder upgraded to 7.

Come meet me at Devcon 2017 or 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail

Hi David,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I have a question, i've tried to import webcontent lar file inside a 5.2 EE SP5 and while it was importing, it was saying 'An article with ID XXX already exists. New id generated YYYY' on a fresh database. I was wondering why ? (after the transaction commit, no journalArticle had id XXX :/)

And then when i tried to move to 6.0.6, an upgrade database instruction (UpgradeAsset) was failing with a 'duplicate entry'.

Have you an idea of what is going wrong there ?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
David.
thumbnail
6年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

It's been awhile since I've been in either 5.2 or 6.0, but most of the time import or upgrade failures can point to some data corruption.

I usually want to see what the exceptions are, trace them in the code to see what was going on at the time, and use those details to try to pinpoint the data that might be causing the failure.

DB upgrades are pretty painful, as a normally running Liferay will be fine w/ bad data at the version it is at, but upgrades tend to fail on them.

Come meet me at Devcon 2017 or 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail

Yes it was what i was thinking (data corruption).

Anyway, thanks a lot David for your support !

Have a nice day.

Best regards,
David.