掲示板

Page Scope Tags

7年前 に JP A. によって更新されました。

Page Scope Tags

New Member 投稿: 14 参加年月日: 15/03/25 最新の投稿
Hello,

Is creating a page scoped tag for a page scoped blog (or alike) supported in 6.2? It seems that it isn't but it confuses me that you are able to add site or global tags to a page scoped blog if filtering by those tags is not supported/doesn't work.
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: Page Scope Tags

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
I didn't ever stumble upon this requirement: The nature of tags is that they're easily made up anyways, so I also don't see much use in them. That's not to say that it's useless - just that I don't see it. You typically use tags later, in order to filter content. Would a tag with a name on your page scope be totally different from any other tag with the same name in the same site?
You also tag content - which is inherently independent of page. From this point of view, without trying it, I'd assume that you're right, it's not supported. You can choose the global or site scope, because they're what's relevant for, e.g., a web content article.
7年前 に JP A. によって更新されました。

RE: Page Scope Tags

New Member 投稿: 14 参加年月日: 15/03/25 最新の投稿
Hello Olaf,

After testing this a bit more, we found out (just yesterday) that before a hot-fix patch this was working fine (filtering page scoped content by any tag - including tags created for that content, i.e. page scoped? I didn't check what actually happens when you create a tag for page scoped entry to be honest -), now we are not sure if this was an issue that was introduced or if it was working by "accident".

I do agree with you on the nature of tags in the sense that a tag named "news" is meant for later searching/filtering content related to news from Site A or Site B, etc. However I do think that a page scoped tag concept could be as valid as having global/site scoped tags, a page may have particular content that's only related to that page, you may have a page named "Car articles", then tags for that page might make sense, like "ford", "gmc", etc., making the tag lists in other pages that are not related to cars cleaner. Now, this might be a bit too much and not that necessary anyway.

Thank you!