掲示板

Go to pages that are hidden from the navigation menu

7年前 に Valentin BECK によって更新されました。

Go to pages that are hidden from the navigation menu

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 14/08/08 最新の投稿
Hi all,

I am may be a little stupid but...

When we create a page, we can go on this page from the front menu.

But, if the page is hidden from the navigation menu, how is it possible to go on the page without typing url in the browser?

I think that the customer is not really agree with this method.

Is it possible to click on the page from the site administration and then click on "Go to page"?

Best regards,
Valentin
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Go to pages that are hidden from the navigation menu

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Dude, it's just a link...

When you mark the page /web/guest/hidden as hidden, it will not appear in the normal navigation logic.

But you can always put a link on the page to go to /web/guest/hidden and it will just work.

Yes, i'm stupid but not totally ;)

Is there something native to access to this page? Without any development?
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6396 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Valentin BECK:
Is there something native to access to this page? Without any development?

For example, you might want to use such a page as a "Content Display Page" - this can be configured per Web Content Article and contains whatever you'd like, plus a default AssetPublisher. At runtime, the AP would show a particular article, but the page doesn't make sense without this article - thus you never want to see it in navigation.

Or you're building your own navigation. This could be a specific portlet, or just another Web Content Article. It's just another tool in the toolbox, not mandatory to use it.

Ok, I will take an example.

A contributor want to create an article. To begin, he needs to create a page, so he goes to the site administration.

He creates a page with a title, a short URL and he hides the page from the navigation menu.

To fill the page, he needs to go on this page without typing the short url in the browser.

Is it possible?

Of course the page will be accessible from another portlet or web content but for the first time, I don't want to access to this page from another if I just want to fill in.

Regards,
Valentin
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: Go to pages that are hidden from the navigation menu (回答)

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6396 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
I'm assuming that this is pre-7 and pre-DXP, because it's a fixed issue in the latest release:
While there's still no "Go To Page" button on the "Configure Page" screen, the page is listed on the page tree on the left (not sure about the specific name of that section) and clicking it, will bring you to the page.
Granted, this could be more visible, e.g. through an explicit button, but in general the functionality is there.
For older versions, it might be easiest and quickest to provide a JSP hook for the page configuration form to add this single button, because such a button - despite being a good idea - is not there.
thumbnail
7年前 に Severin Rohner によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 43 参加年月日: 14/01/28 最新の投稿
Hi Valentin
An other solution is to change the permission. Don't hide the page, just change the permission that only the publisher have access. If every thing is done, change the permission back to guest or user.

Regards
Severin

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your answers, so it's a bug. I think, on the 6.2, we will create a JSP hook for creating a button to view pages.

Our users are not the best to set permissions...and it's not really instinctive.

Thank you again.

Best regards,
Valentin