掲示板

Liferay DXP vs Liferay 7

thumbnail
7年前 に Nurul Amin によって更新されました。

Liferay DXP vs Liferay 7

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 15/11/27 最新の投稿
What is Liferay DXP and What is Liferay 7? What are the differences?
thumbnail
7年前 に Andrew Jardine によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay DXP vs Liferay 7

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2416 参加年月日: 10/12/22 最新の投稿
Hey Nurul,

I had the same question when I was at the NAS this year. Basically, it's marketing emoticon. In 6.2 and lower you have 6.2 EE and 6.2 CE -- the licensed and the open source versions. For 7, the naming convention has shifted. Liferay 7 is simply the CE version, and Liferay DXP is the EE version of the product.

The new architecture changes the way you license the product though since DXP is now a collection of modules that I believe you license individually based on your needs. I don't know a ton about how the pricing works as I don't have access to DXP yet.

There are some pretty major changes for Liferay 7 though -- some of which have made me sad. Support for commercial databases has been yanked. So if you are running Oracle or MSSQL then you have to write your own providers (though I think someone might have done something in the marketplace already to solve this gap). Clustering is no longer supported (this is a major one I think) in Liferay 7 -- so you have to do the leg work for that one too. Much of the clustering stuff can be solved with a separate caching server (Terracotta for example) and a separate search server (ElasticSearch is the new default which is a welcome change) -- but clustering the quartz jobs is still something you would have to sort out. There are several other things that are no longer supported in CE -- Audience Targeting for example.

No doubt, over time, marketplace solution will pop up in the marketplace, but for the moment, these are a few of the limitations (a part from the cost) that need to be considered.

HTH