掲示板

Portlet connection with mysql database

thumbnail
7年前 に Ujjainee Sarkar によって更新されました。

Portlet connection with mysql database

Regular Member 投稿: 127 参加年月日: 16/07/20 最新の投稿
Hello,
I will like to get my confusion cleared regarding creation of portlet and making its connection with mysql database. As far as I have read I'm confused with two similar looking steps for this connection so I wanted to jot down the steps and clear my confusion. When we make a portlet and want to connect it with mysql we first "create a new schema" in the connected server and then make changes here in portal-ext.properties?
jdbc.default.driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
jdbc.default.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost/newschema?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&useFastDateParsing=false
jdbc.default.username=root
jdbc.default.password=root

Do I need to do anything in command prompt also. Is it necessary? And What about the 'data' that is being used? I mean I was previously running a project say 'oldproject' with 'oldschema' as its database and using its data---data_oldproject. Now when I want to run my new portlet what changes are required and where will my new data of the new project get created?
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: Portlet connection with mysql database

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Ujjainee Sarkar:
Do I need to do anything in command prompt also. Is it necessary? And What about the 'data' that is being used? I mean I was previously running a project say 'oldproject' with 'oldschema' as its database and using its data---data_oldproject. Now when I want to run my new portlet what changes are required and where will my new data of the new project get created?

Is this about ServiceBuilder portlets or do you implement your own persistence? Did the schema change since oldproject? Odds are that you should implement an upgrade routine - either within Liferay or externally, but let's wait for your answer to the question above. Also, please mention the Liferay-version you're using
thumbnail
7年前 に Ujjainee Sarkar によって更新されました。

RE: Portlet connection with mysql database

Regular Member 投稿: 127 参加年月日: 16/07/20 最新の投稿
I'm using Liferay 6.2CE. Yes I want to do servicebuilder portlets and yeah I dont want to use my old schema as I want to keep my old projects undisturbed. So I want to build an entirely new project with everything new but the workspace and server remaining the same. I dont want my old projects and the databases get affected in any ways as they are very important.