掲示板

Versions of Liferay Portal

7年前 に Viktor Dzundza によって更新されました。

Versions of Liferay Portal

New Member 投稿: 16 参加年月日: 16/09/16 最新の投稿
HI there,
I want to use latest liferay 7 CE. I loaded https://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20Portal/7.0.2%20GA3/ this page and found different packages for downloading:
- liferay-ce-portal-sql
- liferay-ce-portal-osgi
- liferay-ce-portal-tomcat

Could you explain me the difference among them?
7年前 に Viktor Dzundza によって更新されました。

RE: Versions of Liferay Portal

New Member 投稿: 16 参加年月日: 16/09/16 最新の投稿
I just downloaded and reviewed files.

Could someone provide a brief information about DB schemas?
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Viktor Dzundza:
Could someone provide a brief information about DB schemas?

The brief information about Liferay's DB schema is: You don't want to look at it.

Because if you do, you might get the impression that it's possible to change something in it - which it is not. You must never manually write to the database thus should not even think about looking at it. Bad things have happened to others. You'll probably never thank me for this recommendation (because you don't know what problems this might prevent), but - if you ignore this recommendation - might one day curse yourself for not following this guidance.
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14915 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Viktor Dzundza:
Could you explain me the difference among them?

liferay-ce-portal-sql

This has the naked SQL upgrade scripts. Some orgs require DBA to update the database, these scripts allow the DBA to do so.

liferay-ce-portal-osgi

This is just the contents of the OSGi folder. Not really sure why it must be bundled as a separate download, but if I had to guess I would probably bet on providing one of necessary parts for an upgrade where org is not using a bundle.

liferay-ce-portal-tomcat

This is the Liferay bundle that you want to use to try out Liferay.