掲示板

How can I extend the waiting time in the login process

7年前 に Marco Núñez Arrieta によって更新されました。

How can I extend the waiting time in the login process

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 12/09/03 最新の投稿
Hi people!

I am extending the pre-login event in order to use an IVR implementation to make a call to the user prior to continue with the login process... The thing is, when I make the call and wait for the user to answer it, Liferay sends another login request automatically and then another pre-login action takes place... is there a way to extend this waiting time or just to tell Liferay not to send another request?

Thanks!!
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: How can I extend the waiting time in the login process

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Marco Núñez Arrieta:
I am extending the pre-login event in order to use an IVR implementation to make a call to the user prior to continue with the login process... The thing is, when I make the call and wait for the user to answer it, Liferay sends another login request automatically and then another pre-login action takes place... is there a way to extend this waiting time or just to tell Liferay not to send another request?

Does that mean that your pre-login action takes a long time because the call to your IVR is synchronous? I'd not expect this to work well (and it seems so), you should rather try a two-phase solution. Customizing login processes in Liferay 6.2 is not too straightforward and I'd rather recommend to implement some external identification that utilizes Liferay's SSO interfaces rather than customizing the code. This will also make it easier to migrate to the next version (Liferay 7 or DXP) where customizing login is simpler, but still shouldn't hold an HTTP request until a phone call has been made.

Extending the duration of a HTTP request that logs someone in is introducing quite an intense bottleneck: Typically a webserver or application server only handles a very limited number of requests at the same time and they should finish as quickly as possible. Decoupling this from the portal into SSO seems like very attractive to me.
7年前 に Marco Núñez Arrieta によって更新されました。

RE: How can I extend the waiting time in the login process

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 12/09/03 最新の投稿
Hi Olaf!!

Thank you for your answer... I am already doing this in Liferay 7 emoticon!

The IVR integration that I'm working on is just for Demo purposes and I know that It is better to develop a login portlet in order to accomplish this intregration in a more straightforward way... The thing is, this Demo only will work for a limited amount of users (less than 10 indeed) and our goal in this first step is just to illustrate the integration process...

Is there a way to have this IVR call syncronous just for this demo (allowing an extended time in the login process)?

Thank You again!