掲示板

Developping a tabbed portlet: EXT or Not?

13年前 に Roy Brondgeest によって更新されました。

Developping a tabbed portlet: EXT or Not?

Junior Member 投稿: 25 参加年月日: 11/01/13 最新の投稿
Hello Everyone,
I am quite new to developping portlets and Liferay development.
I have built some portlets and read trough some books. Now I want to make a "tabbed nestled portlet" so that I am able to make a few different versions of one and the same page. It may sound unlogical to do this but I have my reasons for this. (SEO/Analytics)

Every time I read about the EXT environment, it says that it should be avoided whenever possible. However, during development of the portlet I found that there is no LayoutManager and other such services in the Liferay SDK API. Is it only possible to make a new kind of nestled portlets with the ext environment, or can it be done with the SDK?
thumbnail
13年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Developping a tabbed portlet: EXT or Not?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14918 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Okay, the layout manager is only for the layout of the full page. It is not used for the layout of your individual portlet.

I have to assume at this point you're thinking about building a tabbed interface for your portlet. You can find examples for this in many of the Liferay portlets.

But the tabbed interfaces that you'd create would not need to be EXT plugins.

The extension plugins are only necessary when you want to change core Liferay functionality. Extension plugins are not necessary for general portlet development.

The reason extension plugins are not recommended is that each release of Liferay could result in a changed core; your extension code that may work for 5.2.3 will not work in 6.0.6 and you would be forced to go back and re-write it.