掲示板

Dose liferay 7 +Tomcat 8 work with java 9?

7年前 に ti ka によって更新されました。

Dose liferay 7 +Tomcat 8 work with java 9?

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 16/10/12 最新の投稿
I have installed the latest version of java which is java 1.9.
Then, I installed liferay portal CE 7 + Tomcat 8.
But I cannot run portal.
I want to know if these pack (java 9 + tomcat 8+ liferay ce 7) works?!!!!
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Dose liferay 7 +Tomcat 8 work with java 9?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
It is not in the current compatibility matrix, but then java 9 is not even released yet so why would we expect to find it there?
6年前 に scott E mitchell によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 41 参加年月日: 16/10/01 最新の投稿
Hello David,

Recently i have install LF7-GA4 with tomcat 8 ,basically i need SNI support so is it possible to migrate tomcat 8 to tomcat 8.5 is it possible ??
please reply.

TIA....
thumbnail
6年前 に Andrew Jardine によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2416 参加年月日: 10/12/22 最新の投稿
Hi scott,

Not that I would advise anyone to do this and then expect everything to work without issue, but back when 6.2 was mid course I upgraded Tomcat to a more recent version of 7 because we needed web socket support which was not available in the bundled tomcat version (at the time). We downloaded a newer version of tomcat and then replaced the files in the version that had Liferay installed. That worked for us, but part of me believed that we were lucky. If you are feeling experimental though, you could always give that a shot.
thumbnail
6年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
scott E mitchell:
Recently i have install LF7-GA4 with tomcat 8 ,basically i need SNI support so is it possible to migrate tomcat 8 to tomcat 8.5 is it possible ??

The DXP Compatibility Matrix lists Tomcat 8.5 as supported, which is a good indicator for what works in Liferay 7 CE. Why you ask this quesiton under the subject of Java 9 compatibility escapes me though... ;)
thumbnail
6年前 に Andrew Jardine によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2416 参加年月日: 10/12/22 最新の投稿
I thought maybe it was something that was new to java 9, but I just checked and SNI is supported in java 8 -- at least the oracle version.

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/enhancements-8.html
thumbnail
6年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Andrew Jardine:
I thought maybe it was something that was new to java 9, but I just checked and SNI is supported in java 8 -- at least the oracle version.

I never remember the full compatibility matrix (and as I'm doing SNI through Apache I don't care about this for Tomcat 8) but I assumed that this would be a tomcat-support issue. Given that sooner or later 8.0 is scheduled to be discontinued in favor of 8.5, it sounded legit to me.
6年前 に scott E mitchell によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 41 参加年月日: 16/10/01 最新の投稿
Hello,
For SNI support I have migrate tomcat 8 to tomcat 8.5 in liferay7-ga4 .

Please find the link https://web.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/93544179

Tia....
5年前 に Alla Sapozhnikova によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 81 参加年月日: 12/03/02 最新の投稿
Going back to the original question: "Does Liferay 7 work with Java 9". Does anyone know?
thumbnail
5年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
No, it is still not on the compatibility matrix.