掲示板

Prevent developers from modifying Liferay Database structure

7年前 に osama yaccoub によって更新されました。

Prevent developers from modifying Liferay Database structure

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 16/08/28 最新の投稿
I am working in an environment that contain many Liferay Newbies along with experts, now I want to make some configuration to prevent any one from modifying the structure of the Liferay Database, i.e. one developer started a liferay 6.2 server while connecting to a Liferay 6.1 configuration database causing the database to get corrupted ... I know that I can't make LR users read-only because any change is reflected to the database, but I want to put some limitations to prevent a scenario like the above.... is any related configuration available ?
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Prevent developers from modifying Liferay Database structure

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14914 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Well, not really, no. There's no silver bullet that will make your newbies turn into pros.

They're only going to get there through your guidance. Use each opportunity as a team learning experience, sharing what went wrong and why at the team level so they all learn from each experience.

It's also a management opportunity - you get to evaluate what the team members are doing and will learn who the dependable folks are and who your problem children are. Then you can focus on the problem children (directed training, team programming, etc) or weed out the ones that just won't be able to cut it.

I've done a number of these team development projects, and I can tell you that they won't learn by throwing up fences preventing them from doing things. Give them enough room to shoot themselves in the foot, just be prepared for it. Have your backups in place. Leverage SCM to ensure you don't lose good code, etc.

In the end you'll have a stronger team than if you try to coddle them through the project...

Come meet me at the LSNA!