掲示板

Liferay upgrade to 6.0.6.

thumbnail
13年前 に Balázs Jilling によって更新されました。

Liferay upgrade to 6.0.6.

Junior Member 投稿: 32 参加年月日: 10/11/18 最新の投稿
Has anyone successfully upgraded from 6.0.5. bundle to a checked out and compiled trunk version of 6.0.6.?

The process fails at the database upgrade. I don't want to copy the log yet, until there is someone who is interrested. emoticon

Thanks,
Balázs
thumbnail
13年前 に Juan Gonzalez P によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay upgrade to 6.0.6.

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Balázs Jilling:

The process fails at the database upgrade. I don't want to copy the log yet, until there is someone who is interrested. emoticon

I am interested! :-D
thumbnail
13年前 に Tobias S. Käfer によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 128 参加年月日: 08/03/28 最新の投稿
I am interested!
Which DB are you using?
thumbnail
13年前 に James Falkner によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 1399 参加年月日: 10/09/17 最新の投稿
Tobias S. Käfer:
I am interested!
Which DB are you using?

Yeah.. good question. Also, there's not much happening in the tables during 6.0.5 -> 6.0.6 upgrade as far as schema changes go.
thumbnail

Well, i used postgre before but after a migration to mysql it worked.
The migration was not perfect, there was an issue with the character encoding, the image files from the gallery were missing, but i think it has nothing to do with the bundle upgrade. Also some of the javascript functionality wasn't working well.

I started the whole compile-from-source-and-migrate project because i needed the AlloyUI fix for the IE issues.

BTW: Can anyone help me how to recompile and change only the alloyui parts of the portal? The slideshow in the image gallery does not work with IE, and it's pretty critical to my client.
thumbnail

I've downloaded the 6.0 GA4 version from the Downloads page and almost everything went fine.

My documents in the Document Library and the images in the Image Gallery are missing. Did I miss something?
thumbnail

Finally i copied the folders inside of the LIFERAY_HOME/data into the data folder of the new bundle and everything is visible again.
thumbnail
13年前 に Amit Aggarwal によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 87 参加年月日: 10/08/20 最新の投稿
How do you checkout a trunk version of 6.0.6? I thought you could only checkout the current trunk version that is 6.1 (bleeding edge). Is there a separate branch housing just 6.0.6 that is publicly accessible?
thumbnail

There are branches for each version, see http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/branches/

Those branches are not browseable through fisheye.
thumbnail
13年前 に Amit Aggarwal によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 87 参加年月日: 10/08/20 最新の投稿
Thanks for the branch link Tobias. Quick question.. Was there a 6.0.6 dev branch that was accessible prior to the official release in that location? Or was it only made available after the release. Until now, I thought it wasn't available because I was only looking at Fisheye..
thumbnail

Amit Aggarwal:
Thanks for the branch link Tobias. Quick question.. Was there a 6.0.6 dev branch that was accessible prior to the official release in that location? Or was it only made available after the release. Until now, I thought it wasn't available because I was only looking at Fisheye..

It was public, just not added to FishEye. We've been having problems with FishEye+JIRA crashing the server. With the latest upgrade to JIRA, after a couple of weeks of stability checks, we'll turn it back on.
thumbnail
13年前 に Hitoshi Ozawa によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 7942 参加年月日: 10/03/24 最新の投稿
JFYI: I think the svn trunk is currently at 6.1, which has some schema changes.

I haven't had any problem with 6.0.5 to 6.0.6 on HSQL and MySQL.
13年前 に Ingemar Olsen によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 10/11/08 最新の投稿
I upgraded successfully except for one little detail. I forgot to remove the sevencogs junk. So my DB basically got wiped. Maybe this is a newbie misstake, but to me it is a mystery why this is part of the package by default. It was "just" my development environment, but still...
thumbnail

I upgraded successfully except for one little detail. I forgot to remove the sevencogs junk. So my DB basically got wiped. Maybe this is a newbie misstake, but to me it is a mystery why this is part of the package by default. It was "just" my development environment, but still...

It's great that you've been able to do an upgrade successfully.

As for the "little detail", the application server bundles are more for "demo" and not for development nor production. EE doesn't contain them and even with the community version, there are standard liferay war packages for development and production deployment. I think there's also a comment to remove sevencogs demo .wars folders after the done looking at the demo primary because of the security risk.
thumbnail

I tried the upgrade, but I am having some trouble, see http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-15680

Did I miss something?

That's my own fault....
Sorry for bugging you all
thumbnail
13年前 に Aritz Galdos によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 416 参加年月日: 07/05/15 最新の投稿
Hi,

I upgraded successfully from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6. Every thing was fine.

Tomcat bundle agains MySql database.
thumbnail
13年前 に Peter B West によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 56 参加年月日: 09/03/24 最新の投稿
This is timely information about upgrading. I'm curious about the requirement to copy the contents of the data directory over to the new install. Did those of you who report no upgrade problems also have to do this, or was it handled as part of the upgrade?
thumbnail
13年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Peter B West:
This is timely information about upgrading. I'm curious about the requirement to copy the contents of the data directory over to the new install. Did those of you who report no upgrade problems also have to do this, or was it handled as part of the upgrade?

It depends on the way you do the upgrade and your configuration. There's a detailed set of instructions in the administration documentation. If you upgrade the bundles and install the new bundle to a new location you need to make your old document library available and might want to make your old search index available as well. Liferay stores most data in the database, big binary blobs in the document library (by default in the data directory, but can be changed) and the search index (default, changeable as well, in the data directory).

If you have a test environment with hsqldb this also lives in the data directory.

Major upgrades (e.g. from 5.2.x) require more work - you'll really have to read the documentation for that.
thumbnail

I just did a minor upgrade (no custom portlet) from 5.2.3 to 6.0.5. The only problem I had was with WebDAV. I didn't see in the administrative manual about the default authentication change and how to set it back to basic authentication. (Since the wiki is a community project, may be I should be the one to write something about in.emoticon )
13年前 に gerald hemmers によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 93 参加年月日: 08/05/13 最新の投稿
hi,

I have een update problem.
steps i did:
- download new tomcat liferay 6.0.6 version.
- set portal-ext.properties to use mysql db.
- import mysql export from liferay 6.0.5 into db
- copy data folder from 6.0.5
- run startup.bat

after updating the db tables it stops ..

testing it on a development pc running windows xp.

If i startup with a clean database version 6.0.6 everything works fine.

any clues ?

grz,gerald
13年前 に Biljana Tosic によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 11/03/01 最新の投稿
gerald hemmers:
hi,

steps i did:
- run startup.bat

any clues ?

grz,gerald

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem, but on Oracle...
thumbnail
13年前 に prabhakar m によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 5 参加年月日: 11/01/12 最新の投稿
Biljana Tosic:
gerald hemmers:
hi,

steps i did:
- run startup.bat

any clues ?

grz,gerald

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem, but on Oracle...

hey just follow this steps i think this will help u

First create an empty database for new version
then just use migrate tool to migrate 6.5 database to new datadase
then copy the data folder in to your new version files (Replace the data folder)
then go to portal-ext.properties and map the new database
and then simply start the new one .....................
thumbnail

gerald hemmers:
hi,

steps i did:
- run startup.bat

any clues ?

grz,gerald

Any errors or other interesting bits in the log file? Could you attach them here?
thumbnail
13年前 に William Fleming によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 180 参加年月日: 10/09/15 最新の投稿
gerald hemmers:
hi,

steps i did:
- run startup.bat

any clues ?

grz,gerald

catalina.out file?

I had similar issues when i tried to upgrade still trying to fix it would be interesting to see if you are experiencing the same problem?

Thanks
William
thumbnail

There should be an error message after updating the table if it stops.

Just to be sure, are you updating from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6?
thumbnail

Right i will post my catalina.out

This is an openBSD 4.8 machine with mysql 5.1 DB. Its one of the nodes from cluster just dropped in a current live DB into dev machine to see if it would upgrade successfully but its didnt work. Fails after the schema changes just like you said.

Thanks
William

添付ファイル:

thumbnail

William Fleming:
Right i will post my catalina.out

This is an openBSD 4.8 machine with mysql 5.1 DB. Its one of the nodes from cluster just dropped in a current live DB into dev machine to see if it would upgrade successfully but its didnt work. Fails after the schema changes just like you said.

Thanks
William

It seems you have a problem with a lucene index. Hve you got permissions on that machine to create "home/liferay/data/lucene/10131" directory? Did you configured ok directory for lucene?
thumbnail

The machine has an external nfs share which the data folder resides in. So is it trying to create something in the nfs? I thought it was just schema changes?
thumbnail

William Fleming:
The machine has an external nfs share which the data folder resides in. So is it trying to create something in the nfs? I thought it was just schema changes?

Yep, Liferay needs to create indexes (for example, to index users and so on..). You can change it to point to a local directory for your local test environment if you want (lucene.dir property in portal-ext.properties).

BTW, it is not a good practice to have a shared index (if you have several nodes that access it, could cause problems). For example, in our environment we have a local index directory for each node, and indexes are shared across cluster thanks to cluster.link.enabled=true and lucene.replicate.write=true
thumbnail

Found out what the issue was. it didn't like the nfs share. I just unmounted the shared drive and went back to local data store then updated and then remounted the NFS.

BTW, it is not a good practice to have a shared index

What would you advise using so that there are no problems with the NFS. Can I still use a nfs share for storing without running into problems. I am using solr to index using the plugin from site.
thumbnail

I personally thought most Liferay Solr users were using database instead of a file system.
thumbnail

Is there any reason not to be using a file system. Would I gain anything from using the database to store everything?

The reason I opted for solr was the just for searching through docs etc its very very good. it blows lucene out the water anyway.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:
I personally thought most Liferay Solr users were using database instead of a file system.

Yep I totally agree, I thought using Solr was to avoid concurrent access to one place (for example, a directory in file system).
thumbnail

Yep I totally agree, I thought using Solr was to avoid concurrent access to one place (for example, a directory in file system).

File sharing works most of the time but when there are many concurrent writes, we found some errors in the log.
thumbnail

Hitoshi Ozawa:

File sharing works most of the time but when there are many concurrent writes, we found some errors in the log.

I have found that the search that is built in is very poor compared to solr. When searching for doc's etc it can come back with nothing even though i know there is a doc in there but the same search with the solr plugin enabled returned results.
thumbnail
13年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
William Fleming:
I have found that the search that is built in is very poor compared to solr. When searching for doc's etc it can come back with nothing even though i know there is a doc in there but the same search with the solr plugin enabled returned results.

I'm late to the game, but there are a few thoughts that I want to add to the discussion.

As far as I expect, SOLR and Lucene shouldn't differ that much in result- after all SOLR is built on Lucene and is providing "just" a client/server interface to this.

However, you need to make sure that your lucene index is current - if you're running a cluster and didn't configure lucene for this, you'll most likely end up with half the content indexed on each machine (if you have a cluster of two machines). This might explain your results.

Also, if your NFS connection breaks and you add documents, you need to reindex.

And if you're running as root (at least some times) you might run into the NFS root squash issue (was this the name? "root" might translate to "nobody" on nfs shares), where you can't write anything at all to the file system. You can have the same locally when you once ran as root and now as an unprivileged user while all the files still are owned by root.

If you can't find documents that you know are there with Lucene, rebuilding the index will probably help. If this happens frequently you might want to check your setup. SOLR is one answer to this, but it's not required. See the clustering section in the administration guide for a discussion of the possibilities.
thumbnail

What's the error message?

You shouldn't have done that anyways. If you needed to install Liferay on a new server, you should have copied your 6.0.5 database and follow the procedure to upgrade to 6.0.6. Liferay keeps version number in the database to check if there is a need to upgrade.

UPDATE RELEASE_ SET BUILDNUMBER = 6006;

Following are also the difference between 6.0.5 and 6.0.6
alter table JournalArticleResource add uuid_ VARCHAR(75) null;

create table SocialEquityGroupSetting (
equityGroupSettingId LONG not null primary key,
groupId LONG,
companyId LONG,
classNameId LONG,
type_ INTEGER,
enabled BOOLEAN
);
thumbnail
13年前 に Dave Weitzel によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 208 参加年月日: 09/11/18 最新の投稿
Is there an official page describing the upgrade process from 6.0.5 still in development and testing mode for sites but would be nice to not have to start from scratch.

This applies to not only the base system but also Liferay issued portlets.

I can only find a posting about release 5.x upgrades. I would expect the release process to include a proper upgrade document.

Thanks
thumbnail
13年前 に Murat ÇOLAK によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 45 参加年月日: 09/07/28 最新の投稿
I have tried both mysql and oracle 10 g both of them works fine
11年前 に Mudasar Kalwar によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 23 参加年月日: 12/09/13 最新の投稿
Hi Murat, I have upgraded successfully from 5.2.3 to 6.0.6 using Mysql, just there is a problem with my documents, it is not loading. can you please tell me the solution ?