掲示板

Exclude Liferay's OSGI bundle on Startup

7年前 に Kunal Contractor によって更新されました。

Exclude Liferay's OSGI bundle on Startup

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 16/07/01 最新の投稿
I have installed Liferay 7 to develop application. When Liferay 7 started, I found that it started more then 400+ OSGI bundles/services. So is there any way that we configure Liferay to only load specific bundles only? Or we can provide list of OSGI bundles/services to be excluded on start up of Liferay?
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Exclude Liferay's OSGI bundle on Startup

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14915 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
You have to uninstall the bundles in gogo, then delete the module jars from the $LIFERAY_HOME/osgi directory to prevent them from coming back after restart.

Care should be taken if you don't know what you're doing, if you delete the wrong bundle your portal may be unusable as a result.
7年前 に Kunal Contractor によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 4 参加年月日: 16/07/01 最新の投稿
Thanks for the reply.
In gogo shell, it list about 505 OSGI bundles, but inside $LIFERAY_HOME/osgi it only show few folders with few JAR(OSGI bundles), meaning it does not show 505 JAR files.
I have found that once server is started then it creates "state" folder inside $LIFERAY_HOME/osgi folder. It shows of all 505 folder with "0" folder inside which seems mapping to deployed OSGI bundles.

So as per your comment, when i try to uninstall bundle with ID 505 (Name:Liferay XSL Content Web 2.0.2), then it will also removes folder "505" from "state" folder. When I restart the server, then that bundle will be re-installed with ID 506.

So can you tell me after uninstalling from gogo shell, from which physical directory do I have to remove respective bundle?
thumbnail
7年前 に Muhammed Shakir によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 36 参加年月日: 09/02/26 最新の投稿
Hi David,

The exact requirement is that we need to architect solution on LR based on principles of micro services architecture. LR portal is still a monolith when it comes to deployment. It is not possible to deploy each OSGi module into a separate container on Docker of Cloud Foundry. We are mulling the idea of deploying just the portal container of LR 7 in each container, light enough to start only (and only) the service we want in that container. Each OSGi service thus deployed in the container will be a micro service that will run in a light-weight LR 7 portal container. Hence, we want to know whether we can downsize LR 7 to a level where in it runs only with its architectural services and no functional portlets like Blog, wiki, DL etc.