掲示板

Portal instances and database sharding

thumbnail
13年前 に Sharana Basavaraj Ballari によって更新されました。

Portal instances and database sharding

Regular Member 投稿: 139 参加年月日: 07/09/10 最新の投稿
Hi guys,

Recently I read about creating new portal instances within the liferay portal and little bit about database sharding in liferay.

As I understood, new portal instance is nothing but creating a new company in liferay portal hierarchy. At the same time if you wish, you can assign a different databse schema to each portal instance you create in liferay. Like this how many instances that a liferay can support? Is there any upper threshold to create portal instances? Assuming each portal instance is pointing to it's own database by enabling database sharding?

Looking forward to hear your comments on the same.

Many thanks,
Sharan
13年前 に Rakesh Kumar によって更新されました。

RE: Portal instances and database sharding

New Member 投稿: 18 参加年月日: 07/06/21 最新の投稿
I can answer one part of your question:

Assuming each portal instance is pointing to it's own database by enabling database sharding?

Data Sharding: In simple terms distribution of data across multiple schemas. It does not matter if the data is coming from one portal instance or multiple portal instance. So, by saying this multiple portal instances could point to one database schema and you still achieve the multi-tenancy at the company level.

I am also working on something like this.

Hope this answer did not confuse you.

Good Luck
Rakesh
13年前 に mr ed によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 6 参加年月日: 09/02/06 最新の投稿
"Is there any upper threshold to create portal instances?"

I'd like to know this too, is there a hard limit? Is there an optimal performance limit (obviously depending on hardware) or a recommended max number of portal instances?
Thanks
10年前 に Ermias Teshome によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 36 参加年月日: 11/03/12 最新の投稿
Sharana Basavaraj Ballari:
Hi guys,
Is there any upper threshold to create portal instances?
Sharan

I would like to know this too. Have you got anything about that? or an approximate conclusion from some experiment?

Tnx.