掲示板

Audience Targeting not working for guest user

thumbnail
7年前 に Luis Roberto Flores によって更新されました。

Audience Targeting not working for guest user

New Member 投稿: 19 参加年月日: 15/03/12 最新の投稿
Hi, I'm building a demo for audience targeting in a cloud server and I can't find the reason why it doesn't work for the guest user. I also have a local environment where it works without problems, both are liferay EE 6.2.10-sp14 in tomcat bundle with hypersonic. I also tried with a clean mysql installation and have the same problem. I don't know if there's a special configuration that I'm missing. I appreciate any help. Thank you! emoticon
thumbnail
3年前 に Eduardo P. García によって更新されました。

RE: Audience Targeting not working for guest user

Regular Member 投稿: 157 参加年月日: 12/03/16 最新の投稿
Hi Luis,

Could you please provide more details about what's not working for the guest user with Audience Targeting in your cloud server? For instance, if it concerns the user segmentation, it'd help to know which rules you're using.

Thanks!
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Luis Roberto Flores:
Hi, I'm building a demo for audience targeting in a cloud server and I can't find the reason why it doesn't work for the guest user. I also have a local environment where it works without problems, both are liferay EE 6.2.10-sp14 in tomcat bundle with hypersonic. I also tried with a clean mysql installation and have the same problem. I don't know if there's a special configuration that I'm missing. I appreciate any help. Thank you! emoticon

Can you specify "works" and "doesn't work" - and give us your scenario and expected outcome? Also, any information on cookie handling and cookies that you find in your browser.
thumbnail
7年前 に Luis Roberto Flores によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 19 参加年月日: 15/03/12 最新の投稿
Hi well, I created a new user segment, called "Pensionados".
The rules are if any user visits the page "Pensionados" 3 times it becomes part of the segment.

I also clasified the page "Pensionados" with that user segment.

Then I placed the "user segment content display" portlet in the home page an added rules to change the web content if the user belongs to the "Pensionados" user segment.

In the cloud demo it only works for logged in users. In my local enviroment it works for both guests and logged in users, I need it to work with both.

I have cookies enabled in my browsers, do I have to change the configuration ?

Thank you Eduardo and Olaf for your quick reply.
thumbnail
3年前 に Eduardo P. García によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 157 参加年月日: 12/03/16 最新の投稿
Hi Luis,

Thanks for the info. First of all, I think the Score Points rule is enough for the described user case (you don't need the Page Visited Rule). Anyway, both rules are based on the information gathered by the Audience Targeting Analytics tool. This tool tracks user interactions on the page (visits, clicks, etc) client-side and sends a buffer of events to a tracking servlet. Could you check if you have any failed request to the /track servlet on the page (e.g. using the browser dev tools) in the cloud-server-guest-user scenario? If no errors are visible, could you check if the AnalyticsEvent table is storing the view events on that scenario?

Thanks