掲示板

Liferay Theme plugin project - archetype exception

8年前 に Ranjith M Nair によって更新されました。

Liferay Theme plugin project - archetype exception

New Member 投稿: 9 参加年月日: 12/12/15 最新の投稿
Hi,
I was trying to create a theme project using liferay eclipse IDE. And i am using liferay version 6.2.0-ga1.
But while creating it is giving me Exception like below.
org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactTransferException: Could not transfer artifact com.liferay.maven.archetypes:liferay-theme-archetype:pom:6.1.0 from/to central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): connect timed out

I tried with all these below archtypes and non of them are working:
liferay-theme-archetype:pom:6.2.1
liferay-theme-archetype:pom:6.2.2
liferay-theme-archetype:pom:6.2.5
liferay-theme-archetype:pom:7.0.0-m2

And please note, Portlet Spring MVC archetype (6.2.5) is working fine for me)
Please find attached the screen shot of Eclipse-Windows->Preferences->Liferay-Maven (default archetypes).
Thanks in advance.
Ranjith
thumbnail
7年前 に Andrew Jardine によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay Theme plugin project - archetype exception (回答)

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2416 参加年月日: 10/12/22 最新の投稿
Hi Ranjith,

Can you open a terminal and try from the shell? Assuming you have the maven command line tools installed you should be able to do --

mvn archetype:generate

and then .. after a pile of stuff shows up on the screen search for "theme". You should then see the option for liferay-theme. After selecting whatever number identifies it, then you will be prompted for the version, etc.

Can you try this and tell us whether or not it helps? It doesn't solve the IDE issue, but if you can't do it from either the IDE or the command line then it might help give us a clue on what to look for next.
7年前 に Ranjith M Nair によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay Theme plugin project - archetype exception

Thanks much.. I will get back soon
7年前 に Ranjith M Nair によって更新されました。

Thanks... i was able to generate a theme with the approach, but i tried through command line. The IDE is still not working and showing the same error i mentioned above. Eventhough, i am going to mark your answer as "answered" since maven generate created the package and was able to import to the IDE as maven project. Thanks again.
thumbnail
7年前 に Andrew Jardine によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 2416 参加年月日: 10/12/22 最新の投稿
Hi Ranjith,

I know that a few months back now (might even be almost a year) there was an error when creating new plugins via the IDE. I am pretty sure that it was fixed -- but maybe a regression. At this stage maybe it would be best to open a ticket on issues.liferay.com to let them know and have them investigate?

In the case of the bug -- it was still generating the project (on the disk) but you then had to import it I think.

1. Are you not generating a project at all?
2. Can you share with us your .m2/settings.xml file?
3. Have you tried using a more up to date runtime?
4. Which version of the Liferay IDE are you using?
5. If you launch Liferay IDE from the command line, when you get the error, is there a stack trace in the terminal?