掲示板

MessageBoard unable to post

8年前 に inah tenedero によって更新されました。

MessageBoard unable to post

New Member 投稿: 8 参加年月日: 16/01/28 最新の投稿
Greetings,

I'm having issue using forum-hook. Unable to post and reply to a thread, whenever submitting url is appended by "uploadredirectexception" and page is just being refreshed. Environment setup is multiple portal instance, tried changing the virtual host to machine's ip address (suggestion fix seen in internet) but still it didn't work.
Kindly share your expertise.
Thank you!

Inah
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: MessageBoard unable to post

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
inah tenedero:
I'm having issue using forum-hook. Unable to post and reply to a thread, whenever submitting url is appended by "uploadredirectexception" and page is just being refreshed.

If you have custom code deployed and this problem appears you might want to undeploy that custom code and try again. Most likely that custom code has an issue that causes the behaviour you observe.

What is that problem? We know neither your code nor the exact error message and information related to it - so nobody will be able to tell you unless you give more information.

Even I undeployed the custom hook and use liferay's messageboard, still can't post or reply.

See part of url after submit:
uploadExceptionRedirect=http%3A%2F%2Flocalhost
thumbnail

If you're running multiple instances, you must keep the host name intact: That's the way that Liferay determines which instance you want to target. Just redirecting something to "localhost" won't work in that case.

If that doesn't help: Imagine the situation of anybody reading this thread and description:

whenever submitting url is appended by "uploadredirectexception" and page is just being refreshed

How are we supposed to reproduce the situation? Who appends this to the URL? Why do you refresh the page when you want to post? Give steps to reproduce instead of abstract description, and someone might be able to point out the problematic parts. The way it currently is, we have no way to reproduce the issue

Hi Olaf,

The setup is, two portal instances where messsageboard hook is deployed in one instance (mysite.com)
Visiting mysite.com/messageboard, whenever I post or reply the page submits then the url will change and be "..uploadexceptionredirect=mysite.com.."

I tried deploying the messageboard in the core instance and it is working fine, but in the other instances it is not working.

I suspect that it has something to do with virtual hosting.
thumbnail

When you speak of "instance": Is that Liferay-vocabulary (e.g. Control Panel / Configuration / Instances) ? Because you deploy a hook to a full server, not just to an individual instance. And those instances always involve virtual hosting as I've laid out above.