掲示板

Open SSO in Liferay

thumbnail
8年前 に Anjali Mashalkar によって更新されました。

Open SSO in Liferay

New Member 投稿: 19 参加年月日: 15/08/28 最新の投稿
Hi ,
After a effort i did integration OpenSSO in liferay , from that i can login with third party easily .
but now i am stuck ,
i just wanted to know i want to display the other applications that might be social networking ,
so it is possible to display inside the portal ?

if it then how can I achieve !
Thankx in advance
Anjali
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: Open SSO in Liferay

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Anjali Mashalkar:
i just wanted to know i want to display the other applications that might be social networking ,
so it is possible to display inside the portal ?

What have you done so far, what do you see and what do you expect to see? I'm not sure how your questions regarding OpenSSO and social networking relate to each other, thus need a lot more information before even attempting an answer.
thumbnail

Thanks for Reply
See my requirement is that is it possible to embed web applications like(gmail,facebook,twitter) in liferay portlets......Using Single Sign On

becozz i am using third party tool to login to my portal like open SSO it will ask credential to login if i authenticated user then it will redirect to my portal. when i logged in to my portal then my embeded applications is also login means when i click on facebook portlet it should redirect to facebook without asking any credential means one credential is enough to login for multiple application is it possible in liferay plz suggest me to resolve this........
Thanks in Advanceemoticon
thumbnail

Facebook and other external sites will most likely heavily resist letting you log in through any other means than themselves. If you give the impression that you've stored your credentials elsewhere, they'd probably rather lock your account than let you in.

If the external site provides a means to log in through OpenId, that would be another problem. AFAIK Facebook doesn't do this. And also AFAIK Liferay is no OpenId provider, but it can use your external OpenId identity to sign you in. All of that doesn't help you though. And it's totally independent of you logging in through OpenSSO.
thumbnail

Thanks For Reply
What about if we go with small web applications using single sign on. Can we Embed small applications in Liferay instead of social networks..
thumbnail

Anjali Mashalkar:
What about if we go with small web applications using single sign on. Can we Embed small applications in Liferay instead of social networks..

If thost applications are portlets, they'll be able to get the identity of the current user from Liferay.

If they're independent web applications, Liferay has nothing to say in there and they should get the identity from your SSO system. The first "S" in "SSO" stands for "Single" - thus there should be only one system that identifies the user. And that's OpenSSO. Thus, any application independent of Liferay needs to integrate with your SSO system of choice - and Liferay has nothing to say in here. Any application that's fully integrated in Liferay as a portlet never needed to worry about identifying the current user anyway.