掲示板

liferay 7 high ram usage

8年前 に gordon daniels によって更新されました。

liferay 7 high ram usage

Liferay Master 投稿: 797 参加年月日: 08/08/24 最新の投稿
I have box with LR 7 and LR 6.2 installed. Nothing else is on the box. When I fire up LR 7 it maxes out my ram. When I fire up LR 6.2, it uses 1.7G Ram.. Htop shows its java within the LR bundle that is utilizing the ram.

Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: liferay 7 high ram usage

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
gordon daniels:
I have box with LR 7 and LR 6.2 installed. Nothing else is on the box. When I fire up LR 7 it maxes out my ram. When I fire up LR 6.2, it uses 1.7G Ram.. Htop shows its java within the LR bundle that is utilizing the ram.

Can you elaborate on "it maxes out my RAM"? Did you install a tomcat bundle? How did you configure your tomcat or application server with regards to the memory being available to it? For example: The default tomcat bundle for Liferay 6.2 and 7.0 contains -Xmx1024m, a setting that provides 1G of heap space to the application server. If you raise that limit - it might take more before attempting garbage collection.

Note that this value is not the limit that a process actually allocates - there are other types of memory that Java allocates, so Java might use up quite a bit more than the configured 1G in total.

Olaf: thanks for the reply. I have 8G Fam on the box. I am using a LR tomcat bundle. Have not made any changes to settings. When I start LR, it takes up the whole 8Gigs Ram. In seven years of playing with LR I have never seen this.

thanks
thumbnail
8年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Hi Gordon,

are you using JDK 7 or JDK 8? Can you try using latest?

Thanks.

Hi Juan!

Hope you are dong well and thanks for replying. This really has me stumped. I am using jdk 8 (oracle). I see no error messages but htop shows java taking up all the memory and swap until it locks up. Same box, 6.2 runs with no problems.

thanks