掲示板

Xuggler unable to generate Thumbnail and Preview in Liferay 6.2 GA6

8年前 に Naresh Reddy によって更新されました。

Xuggler unable to generate Thumbnail and Preview in Liferay 6.2 GA6

New Member 投稿: 5 参加年月日: 10/05/30 最新の投稿
Hi All,

We have configured Xuggler, ImageMagic and Ghost Script as per liferay wiki and other sources.
For few videos of '.mp4' it is able to generate thumbnails and able to play/preview inside Document Media Portlet.
But for most of videos of same type it is not working.
Refer attached log file.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks&Regards
Naresh Reddy C
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Xuggler unable to generate Thumbnail and Preview in Liferay 6.2 GA6

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Check your files to ensure they actually are mp4 files. Also make sure they are playable. Often times failures in thumbnail building result from one of these two cases.
thumbnail
8年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Hi Naresh,

as David said, most of the problems are caused by uploading files using "mp4" extension, but they actually are of a different container type. Can you attach one of the videos that isn't working?

Hi Juan and David,

Please find attached files and let me know what went wrong.When i open them with browser, they are able to play from file URL.

Thank you.
thumbnail

Hi Naresh

thanks for your videos. I've checked and it works fine in 6.2.

Now my questions are:

• Which steps did you follow when installing Xuggler?
  • The logs you attached seems to not correspond for the video files (there I read "Spring4" which isn't related). Can you attach the logs when uploading these videos?

Thanks!

Hi Juan,
Thanks for looking into this issue.
I followed below steps:
>I followed below link to install and enable Xuggler
http://blog.xceptiontech.com/2015/04/xuggler-integration-with-liferay.html
>I followed below two links two configure ImageMagic and GhostScript
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15403345/how-to-set-up-imagemagick-with-liferay
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/11691621
>Installed versions are:
Image Magic: ImageMagick-6.9.3-Q16
Ghost Script: gs9.18
Xuggler: from Server Administration->Exteranl Services

My system operating system is : Windows 7 32 bit.
Database : HSQL

Find attached log file while uploading 'Varieties of sugarcane.mp4' which was attached earlier.
Let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks & Regards,
Naresh
thumbnail

Naresh Reddy:

>I followed below two links two configure ImageMagic and GhostScript
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15403345/how-to-set-up-imagemagick-with-liferay

Hi Naresh, second link is related to Xuggler, not to ImageMagick nor Ghostscript.

Did you follow anything from the second link? (A post I've made some years ago..)

Hi Juan,

I have gone through it.And configured below in properties file but it was not solved

imagemagick.global.search.path=C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-6.9.3-Q16
imagemagick.enabled=true
dl.file.entry.preview.enabled=true
dl.file.entry.thumbnail.enabled=true
xuggler.enabled=true
dl.file.max.size=0
com.liferay.portal.upload.UploadServletRequestImpl.max.size=1024000000
dl.file.entry.preview.fork.process.enabled=true

Let me know if you need any further details.

Thank you
thumbnail

So then you have to REMOVE all the things you've made when followed steps here:

These steps are for 6.1, not for 6.2. Before 6.2 a manuall Xuggler install (together with some env variables) was needed. Now you only need to use Control Panel to download, and then just restart Liferay. Seems this messed up your Liferay installation.

Please, clean that up first. After that, when stopping Liferay, make sure that there is no other java process running. Seems that there are some processes still running in your installation.

Hope it helps.

Thanks Juan,
I tried with fresh installation, It worked but it takes more time to generate thumbnails and preview videos.
And one more thing i observerd is CPU usage during that time reaches to 100 %.

Do i need to configure any thing so that other users will not experience slowness at that moment.

Thanks & Regards,
Naresh
thumbnail

Can you check if there is any "zombie" process?

Shut down Liferay and check if there are any java process after that.
7年前 に srini vasulu によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 139 参加年月日: 11/02/22 最新の投稿
Hi ,
I am also facing issue Xuggler issue and i am using liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga6.

After installing the xuggler i am getting the xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-w64-mingw32.jar file into liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga6\tomcat-7.0.62\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib.

after that i am restarting the sever but when i restart i am getting the below error.

INFO: Deploying configuration descriptor C:\Dev\liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga6\tomcat-7.0.62\conf\Catalina\localhost\ROOT.xml
Jun 28, 2016 6:59:46 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig processAnnotationsJar
SEVERE: contextConfig.jarFile
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:215)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:145)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:154)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:91)
at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.<init>(URLJarFile.java:93)
at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(URLJarFile.java:69)
at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(JarFileFactory.java:109)
at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:122)
at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getJarFile(JarURLConnection.java:89)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.FileUrlJar.<init>(FileUrlJar.java:41)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.scan.JarFactory.newInstance(JarFactory.java:34)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsJar(ContextConfig.java:1956)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsUrl(ContextConfig.java:1931)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotations(ContextConfig.java:1916)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1330)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:889)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:386)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5416)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:677)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1912)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Jun 28, 2016 6:59:53 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig processResourceJARs
SEVERE: Failed to processes JAR found at URL [jar:file:/C:/Dev/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga6/tomcat-7.0.62/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-w64-mingw32.jar!/] for static resources to be included in context with name [jar:file:/C:/Dev/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga6/tomcat-7.0.62/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-w64-mingw32.jar!/]
Jun 28, 2016 6:59:53 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.TldConfig tldScanJar
WARNING: Failed to process JAR [jar:file:/C:/Dev/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga6/tomcat-7.0.62/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-w64-mingw32.jar!/] for TLD files
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

and server is starting but when i will check in server Administration-->external services i am not able to see the check box.
any idea why check box is not getting in server.
thumbnail
7年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

Hi srini,

the URL where xuggler was being downloaded is shut down for a while (googlecode.com), so you downloaded a corrupt jar file.

So, first of all, shutdown your server and remove the file you downloaded from control panel:

C:/Dev/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga6/tomcat-7.0.62/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-w64-mingw32.jar

Then change xuggle.url property in portal-ext.properties like I say here: https://web.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/75881509#_19_message_75247986

Then just restart and it should start working again.

Hope it helps.
7年前 に srini vasulu によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 139 参加年月日: 11/02/22 最新の投稿
Hi Juan,
Thanks for your Quick reply.

after added the properties in portal-ext.properties it's downloaded the jar file and now i am not getting yesterday error.
but now i am getting different error when previewing the video as attached file(Console_errorlog).
First getting the below error as window popup after that getting the attached error.
Error

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\gaddams\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9F9.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\gaddams\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1FAB.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\gaddams\AppData\Local\Temp\WER226A.tmp.mdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

after that followed below url
https://web.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/26026267
and added below property

dl.file.entry.preview.fork.process.enabled=false
once adding the above property i am getting the below error and server stooped automatically.

Error
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000006ee76520, pid=25460, tid=14464
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_79-b15) (build 1.7.0_79-b15)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.79-b02 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [xuggle1148047039814387158.dll+0x736520]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Dev\eclipse\hs_err_pid25460.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS:

if i remove the dl.file.entry.preview.fork.process.enabled=false property and upload the .mp4 files then getting the error like attached file(Console_errorlog) and it's playing in web content
but when uploading .wmv files then getting same error as per attached but it's not playing like .mp4 files.

添付ファイル:

thumbnail

Hi srini.

This is a known error when using Xuggler 5.4 and windows 64 bits. In order to fix that you have to compile sources for your environment.

Please read this: https://web.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/view_message/75331342#_19_message_75331342.

Other option would be using a non-Windows server.
7年前 に Tejaswini Renemadugu によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 16/06/13 最新の投稿
Hi Juan,

i have wrote this in portal-ext.properties:
xuggler.jar.url=https://files.liferay.com/mirrors/xuggle.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/share/java/xuggle/xuggle-xuggler/5.4/ and then
i enabled xuggler jar in controlpanel->sever adminstration->external service

now...the problem is i'm unable to preview viedo...in thumbnail....it's showing “Generating preview will take a few minutes. ”

plz help me out geting this viedo preview
thumbnail

Server logs would be great to check the issue.

Thanks.

Hi juan,

thanks for u'r quick reply...

here is my log file error

04:55:06,636 ERROR [main][ffmpeg:82] [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 000000001BEA48F0] moov atom not found
04:55:06,683 WARN [com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor-1][ProcessExecutor:547] Found corrupt leading log Loading jar:file:/D:/Files/test/liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga3/tomcat-7.0.42/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/portal-impl.jar!/system.properties

04:55:06,834 ERROR [liferay/document_library_video_processor-1][VideoProcessorImpl:371] java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to open input URL
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to open input URL
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor$ProcessExecutionFutureResult.get(ProcessExecutor.java:502)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor$ProcessExecutionFutureResult.get(ProcessExecutor.java:476)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateThumbnailXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:349)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:464)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl.generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:110)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorUtil.generateVideo(VideoProcessorUtil.java:36)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.VideoProcessorMessageListener.generate(VideoProcessorMessageListener.java:32)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.BaseProcessorMessageListener.doReceive(BaseProcessorMessageListener.java:36)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:26)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:72)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:65)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:682)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:593)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to open input URL
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl$LiferayVideoThumbnailProcessCallable.call(VideoProcessorImpl.java:707)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl$LiferayVideoThumbnailProcessCallable.call(VideoProcessorImpl.java:1)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.process.ProcessExecutor.main(ProcessExecutor.java:192)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to open input URL
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayConverter.openContainer(LiferayConverter.java:631)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayVideoThumbnailConverter.doConvert(LiferayVideoThumbnailConverter.java:63)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.LiferayVideoThumbnailConverter.convert(LiferayVideoThumbnailConverter.java:51)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl$LiferayVideoThumbnailProcessCallable.call(VideoProcessorImpl.java:704)
... 2 more
04:55:06,834 ERROR [liferay/document_library_video_processor-1][VideoProcessorImpl:470] com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: document_thumbnail/11263/235/24811/24812.jpg
com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: document_thumbnail/11263/235/24811/24812.jpg
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateThumbnailXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:384)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:464)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl.generateVideo(VideoProcessorImpl.java:110)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorUtil.generateVideo(VideoProcessorUtil.java:36)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.VideoProcessorMessageListener.generate(VideoProcessorMessageListener.java:32)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.BaseProcessorMessageListener.doReceive(BaseProcessorMessageListener.java:36)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:26)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:72)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:65)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:682)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:593)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.NoSuchFileException: document_thumbnail/11263/235/24811/24812.jpg
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.BaseStore.addFile(BaseStore.java:112)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.StoreProxyImpl.addFile(StoreProxyImpl.java:55)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.SafeFileNameStoreWrapper.addFile(SafeFileNameStoreWrapper.java:73)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.DLStoreImpl.addFile(DLStoreImpl.java:109)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.store.DLStoreUtil.addFile(DLStoreUtil.java:124)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.DLPreviewableProcessor.addFileToStore(DLPreviewableProcessor.java:238)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl.storeThumbnailImages(VideoProcessorImpl.java:295)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.VideoProcessorImpl._generateThumbnailXuggler(VideoProcessorImpl.java:374)
... 11 more

hi juan,
i think these r silly questions for liferay experts but for me as a fresher these r very big this to deal with them...help me out from this by not hesitating.

finally somehow viedo is playing (mp4)......but i'm unable to play some viedos of mp4.

i have tested a viedo with 38.4mb is working & also 6.5mb is also working......

i have uploaded 4 viedos outof which 2 are working....and remaining 2 are not working(which has 6.4mb and 9.6mb)

i have observed onething..that inorder to preview viedo it's taking time to generate viedo(for that 6.5mb it tooks 3-4 min&for 38.4mb it tooks almost 10-15min but unable to generate remaining 2 viedos).....

how can i play those remaining 2 viedos which r not working & what should i do to preview viedo with less time

thanks in advance
thumbnail

Tejaswini Renemadugu:

how can i play those remaining 2 viedos which r not working & what should i do to preview viedo with less time

thanks in advance

There are some known issues in Windows when trying to transcode some mp4 files (I suspect from those having AAC encoded audio streams).

I am looking for a fix.

Thanks, for the information juan.
thumbnail

Hi Tejas.

Please, can you shutdown your server and replace your previous Xuggler jar file (WEB-INF/lib) with the one attached and start again?

Let me know if it worked.

Thanks.
6年前 に Vignesh Sakkarai によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 17/08/08 最新の投稿
Hi,
The below Solution is perfectly working for me to get the proper thumbnail URL for videos.

Steps to enable the Xuggler Library with new Bundle

1) Remove the all Xuggler jars in the below path
Path : bundle\tomcat\lib\ext

2) Replace the Xuggler jars in the below Dir
Path : bundle\tomcat\webapps\portal\WEB-INF\lib
Get the Jar by using the URL https://files.liferay.com/mirrors/xuggle.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/share/java/xuggle/xuggle-xuggler/5.4/

xuggle-xuggler-arch-x86_64-w64-mingw32.jar - 6293kb
xuggle-xuggler-noarch.jar - 395 kb

3) Install Imagemagic and GhostScript in your local directory for pdf thumbnail generation.

4) Start the Server and Goto ControlPanel -> Server Administration -> External Services
a) Tick the checkbox to enable the ImageMagick and GhostScript provides document pdf preview functionality.
Path : Configure the installed path eg) C:\Data\gs\gs9.21\bin;C:\Data\ImageMagick

b) Tick the checkbox to Enabling Xuggler provides video conversion functionality. Xuggler appears to be installed correctly. Enable to allow audio and video preview generation.

Click Save button to confirm the Success message.

5) Add the properties in portal-ext.properties
imagemagick.global.search.path[windows]=C:\Data\gs\gs9.21\bin;C:\Data\ImageMagick
dl.file.entry.preview.enabled=true
dl.file.entry.thumbnail.enabled=true

Please make sure the below properties are already enabled or not, if not add that too.
xuggler.enabled=true
imagemagick.enabled=true

6) Then Again Restart the Server and deploy the below changes in ur portlet and testit.
For Video
thumbnailImage = DLUtil.getPreviewURL(fileEntry, latestFileVersion, themeDisplay, "&videoThumbnail=1");