掲示板

Render one portlet jsp in another portlet (two different plugin projects)

thumbnail
8年前 に sumanth s によって更新されました。

Render one portlet jsp in another portlet (two different plugin projects)

New Member 投稿: 10 参加年月日: 16/02/13 最新の投稿
Hi,

I am facing an issue with rendering from one plugin portlet to another portlet (two different plugin projects). I had created three plugin projects like portlet_1, portlet_2 and portlet_3.
I wanna render portlet_2 from portlet_1 through the render url, So i created portlet_2 render url in portlet_1 like below

<liferay-portlet:renderURL var="portlet2Url" plid="<%= themeDisplay.getPlid()%>" portletName="TestPortlet2_WAR_TestPortlet2portlet" windowState="<%=LiferayWindowState.NORMAL.toString() %>">
</liferay-portlet:renderURL>

and appended to a link like <a href="<%=portlet2Url.toString()%>">Portlet 2 Link</a>. I dropped portlet_1 and portlet_3 in a page but i dint dropped portlet_2 bcoz i want to render portlet_2 from portlet _1. After dropping portlet_1 i clicked on the link but portlet_2 is not rendering.

But if i put windowState="<%=LiferayWindowState.MAXIMIZED.toString() %>" then it is rendering. In this case portlet_2 is rendering total page here portlet_3 is hiding. I dont want to use MAXIMIZED state.

If anyone knows about this issue plz let me know.

Thanks...
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: Render one portlet jsp in another portlet (two different plugin projec

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Having that kind of hidden interdependency looks wrong to me. I'd avoid this architecture at all cost
thumbnail
8年前 に Chandan Sharma によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 54 参加年月日: 14/03/04 最新の投稿
Olaf Kock:
Having that kind of hidden interdependency looks wrong to me. I'd avoid this architecture at all cost

Hi Olaf Kock,

Can you suggest some alternate implementation of such type of requirement in order to avoid the above architectural issue.

Any alternate suggestion on it ?
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Chandan Sharma:
Can you suggest some alternate implementation of such type of requirement in order to avoid the above architectural issue.

If you can't think of an alternative way to develop that same UI for different portlets, at least make them look like they belong together and package them in the same plugin. This way you'll have the interdependencies obvious and can just natively reuse a jsp from a "common" folder.

Now if I would indeed choose this solution or try to come up with another one: it depends (TM)
I'd need to understand more of the underlying problem. Maybe this "same UI" issue can be eliminated by a totally different way to structure the portlets.
thumbnail
8年前 に Sushil Patidar によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 467 参加年月日: 11/10/31 最新の投稿
Hi,

As an workarround, another portlet jsp can be rendered on the same page using Window State POP_UP/EXCLUSIVE using pop up window.

Regards
thumbnail
8年前 に Chandan Sharma によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 54 参加年月日: 14/03/04 最新の投稿
Sushil Patidar:
Hi,

As an workarround, another portlet jsp can be rendered on the same page using Window State POP_UP/EXCLUSIVE using pop up window.

Regards

Hi Sushil,

In pop-up I am able to get the portlet_3 jsp, but I want to render in page level (not in pupup state)
thumbnail
8年前 に Sushil Patidar によって更新されました。

Expert 投稿: 467 参加年月日: 11/10/31 最新の投稿
Hi,

Other way you can use following liferay Tag.

<liferay-util:include page="JSP_PATH" portletid="PORTLET_ID"></liferay-util:include>

Hope it should help.

Regards
3年前 に Enzo Terranova によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 17/03/20 最新の投稿
<p>Thank You Sushil ^_^</p>