掲示板

Translations

8年前 に ajoshi84 ajoshi84 によって更新されました。

Translations

New Member 投稿: 7 参加年月日: 05/11/11 最新の投稿
How do I sync the common fields/attributes amongst the translated web content ?
thumbnail
8年前 に Sushil Patidar によって更新されました。

RE: Translations

Expert 投稿: 467 参加年月日: 11/10/31 最新の投稿
Hi,

Please explain in little detail what exactly you need to implement.

Do you want to sync fields/attributes values?

Regards
8年前 に Anirudh Joshi によって更新されました。

We have created a product structure which has around 20 fields. The product content then gets translated into 23 languages. If I change the value in one of the fields say, Discount % . How can I update the same field in other 23 translations without opening each translated record. Some time we have different discount % for languages/locales so can't use a common field

Thanks
Ani
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Anirudh Joshi:
Some time we have different discount % for languages/locales so can't use a common field

IMHO this is not a translation problem but rather a business logic problem. Translation might give you one option to solve the display issue, but as you see here, it's unnatural to maintain. If you're stuck with this translation based logic and can't change, I'd suggest to write a custom web content editor for your product structure and implement the logic in this editor. It doesn't need to be hard. I've once demonstrated this for an unstructured web content article, you might get some ideas from it.

But the best solution IMHO would be to stop using translation for a solution to this problem.
7年前 に Anirudh Joshi によって更新されました。

We have created a product structure which has around 20 fields. The product content then gets translated into 23 languages. If I change the value in one of the fields say, Discount % . How can I update the same field in other 23 translations without opening each translated record. Some time we have different discount % for languages/locales so can't use a common field

Thanks
Ani