掲示板

Liferay 7 ac3

8年前 に James Barwick によって更新されました。

Liferay 7 ac3

New Member 投稿: 1 参加年月日: 15/11/25 最新の投稿
So, I thought I would take a look.

I am new to Liferay. After almost 10 months looking at it, we still can't seem to use it. One of the biggest criticisms we hear (and from me, too) is how ugly and unusable the user interface is and how confusing the 'out-of-the-box' portlets are.

In Liferay 6, the UI is impossible to read. The super light grey or super light blue on top of white is just impossible to read. And the themes are just plain ugly.

I didn't think Liferay could get any worse. I was wrong.

I'm not sure what it is, but the folks building the Liferay themes appear to be clueless. (Appear to be...I'm sure they are super smart guys).

The Liferay 7 UX is just horrible.

This whole left side/right side thing is too confusing and there are missing quite a few "back" buttons.

Plus the animations are just gimmicky and don't really offer value.

Sorry...but that's just my opinion. For what it's worth. I'm not going to get into a debate. Or a flame war. This is my opinion. Take it for what it's worth from someone new to Liferay...
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay 7 ac3

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14915 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
"The folks building the Liferay themes appear to be clueless, but I'm not going to get into a debate or a flame war".

So what was the point in posting?

FWIW no one uses the OOTB theme on their own site, they customize it to match their corporate standards.

And the Liferay 6 UI is really better than some of the competitive portal products.

Many people don't always get it the first time they see it, but trust me it just works. And it works in a wide range of sites, from Sesame Street.com to the Marines recruiting site to all kinds of enterprises that are alive and well. They run Liferay, but they don't use the classic theme.

The Classic theme as you see it OOTB grew out of the older "Brochure" theme. It was created to highlight the aspects of the portal like 8 years ago - The portlet bars with titles, icons, etc. that are draggable around the page.

And you really can't judge the 7.0 stuff yet either. It's still only an alpha, still a work in progress, so give them a time to put the wrapper on it before trying to rain on the parade.
thumbnail
8年前 に Juan Gonzalez によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay 7 ac3

Liferay Legend 投稿: 3089 参加年月日: 08/10/28 最新の投稿
Hi James.

James Barwick:

I am new to Liferay. After almost 10 months looking at it, we still can't seem to use it. One of the biggest criticisms we hear (and from me, too) is how ugly and unusable the user interface is and how confusing the 'out-of-the-box' portlets are.

In Liferay 6, the UI is impossible to read. The super light grey or super light blue on top of white is just impossible to read. And the themes are just plain ugly.

Ok, let's go back to the beginning...

James Barwick:

I am new to Liferay.

Ok, this is the important information actually. The fact that something doesn't "work for you", doesn't mean it can't be done other way or it's a product bug. In fact, Liferay customization is one of the great features Liferay has (and probably one of the main drawback as many issues I've seen are caused by Liferay misuse).

I didn't think Liferay could get any worse. I was wrong.

I'm not sure what it is, but the folks building the Liferay themes appear to be clueless. (Appear to be...I'm sure they are super smart guys).

The Liferay 7 UX is just horrible.

This whole left side/right side thing is too confusing and there are missing quite a few "back" buttons.

Plus the animations are just gimmicky and don't really offer value.

Sorry...but that's just my opinion. For what it's worth. I'm not going to get into a debate. Or a flame war. This is my opinion. Take it for what it's worth from someone new to Liferay...

Hopefull you could try to check if one of the available themes in Marketplace suits for your needs.

About Liferay 7, I agree with David, it's still a work in progress and UI is being unified as part of Lexicon tasks.