掲示板

Liferay 7 documentation

8年前 に Víctor Sáez によって更新されました。

Liferay 7 documentation

New Member 投稿: 9 参加年月日: 15/03/10 最新の投稿
On October 22 and 23 In went to Liferay symposium in Madrid and I show that Liferay 7 documentation was already available. When I go to the Liferay Network Developer there is a select list but now Liferay 7 and Liferay 7 Draft is not available. Last week I was navigating in this documentation with my own account but from yesterday I can´t acces it. Any idea?
thumbnail
8年前 に James Hinkey によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay 7 documentation

Junior Member 投稿: 62 参加年月日: 11/02/15 最新の投稿
Hi Victor,
We currently only have published draft Tutorials for Liferay 7. Example, https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/understanding-liferays-module-framework

There's an issue with the Tutorials page showing blank when you initially navigate there. We'll fix this very soon. In the meantime, you can click any of the left navigation links at the above URL or at Develop + Tutorials at https://dev.Liferay.com.

We plan to be publishing draft materails for using Liferay 7, soon in the Discover + Portal section.

Best regards,
Jim
7年前 に JAIRAJ APARTMENTS によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 16/04/19 最新の投稿
I am new to Liferay , Is the Liferay 7 documentation complete and ready ? Would it be right for me to just go through the Liferay 7 documentation ?

Please suggest
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6396 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Praveen A:
I am new to Liferay , Is the Liferay 7 documentation complete and ready ? Would it be right for me to just go through the Liferay 7 documentation ?

Is it complete? No (probably never will, as of the nature of any documentation). Is it ready? Yes. Should you go there? Yes.

Does it answer what you need? As I don't know what you need - why don't you look for yourself? Check what you find and come back to the forums with your unanswered questions. It's all public, you don't need approval to read it.

As you're new, you might want to consider some training to get a kickstart
7年前 に Praveen A によって更新されました。

Perfect !!!!! Will do the same..

I will try to put my question right ....I did see also the Liferay 6.2 documentation ,there are many features which is documented. I do not see them in Liferay 7 documentation . As a person who is new to this ,does this mean all these documented features in 6.2 remain exactly same for Liferay 7.

I just want to make sure that I dont waste time reading some outdated stuff which might not be valid for Liferay 7.
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6396 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
On the "using Liferay" side, there are a lot of parallels. On the development side - if you intend to write java code - there will be plenty of changes due to the new OSGi based architecture in Liferay 7.
thumbnail
7年前 に James Hinkey によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 62 参加年月日: 11/02/15 最新の投稿
Hi Praveen,

Olaf's responses are spot on. The same amount of documentation coverage (and more) done for 6.2 is planned for 7.0. Traditionally with major releases (e.g., 6.0) we've provided more user/admin materials first, followed by developer materials. But with Liferay 7's developer paradigm shift to modularity, we are providing more developer materials initially than we have for a major release.

Liferay 7 user/admin docs are ongoing, but have been well underway.

Liferay 7 developer docs are ongoing (and always will be by nature). The Tutorials Introduction is the best starting place for Liferay 7 developers; but we plan to provide in the next couple weeks, a Learning Path to guide Liferay 6 developers through Liferay 7 development using best practices by way of example. We'll tweet at liferaydocs when this first Learning Path installment is published.

Make sure to use Search in dev.liferay.com, if you're not easily finding what you need. And follow liferaydocs on Twitter for notification of newly published docs.

If you can't find what you're looking for, open an LRDOCS ticket in JIRA and ask your question here in the forums, to get answers quickly.

Jim
7年前 に Praveen A によって更新されました。

Thanks Jim and Olaf.

Sure ,will do as suggested.