掲示板

Provide link on site pages editor to open page

8年前 に C Fraser によって更新されました。

Provide link on site pages editor to open page

New Member 投稿: 14 参加年月日: 11/05/16 最新の投稿
This is something that annoys me regularly, and perhaps I am missing something obvious, and if not, then perhaps Liferay is missing something obvious.

When editing site pages, where you can change the name, the friendly Url and the layout (etc.), there is no link to actually view the "live" page you are editing.

For example, if you change the layout, or look and feel, save, then you have to navigate away and find the page to open (if you don't have it open in another tab already).

I often find myself clicking on Public Pages -> View Pages (Open new Window) and then navigating to the page I just edited. It would be very handy to have the url you can click on to open a new window for the page you are editing... it shows the Friendly Url, but you can't click to go there... a link here would be handy.

Maybe it is just me, but after doing it again, I thought I would just ask... maybe I am missing something... :-)

Thanks
thumbnail
8年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Provide link on site pages editor to open page

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
The problem is that many of said changes cannot be made on the fly. Changing the layout or the theme or many other things just cannot be done live because they require server side resources that just won't be available on the page.

The only way to get these resources is a full page refresh.

It's just the way it is.

Note in 7.0 they are adding a live web content editor so you'll be able to see that inline, but theme and layout may still require full page refresh (although I don't know for sure).
8年前 に C Fraser によって更新されました。

RE: Provide link on site pages editor to open page

New Member 投稿: 14 参加年月日: 11/05/16 最新の投稿
I probably didn't describe it very well.

I am not necessarily after it changing live (that would be nice!), but just having a link that you can use to goto the updated page after saving. For example, my workflow (which maybe is not ideal) is often:

1) Navigate to Admin -> Site Admin -> Pages to get the "Pages editor" where I can change layout and themes, etc.
2) Make a change to the layout or theme (etc)
3) Save
4) View updated page by clicking on public pages in tree list, then
5) Click on View Pages in the top toolbar (takes you to the live home page)
6) Navigate to the page you have just edited, which might be quite deep in the structure.
or, if you know the friendly URL it might be quicker to just type it.

The functionality I was talking about was basically having a URL that is the content of the non-editable Friendly Url field joined with the editable Friendly Url field so that you could quickly jump to the page you are editing.

It would mean steps 4, 5 & 6 would be replaced with one -> Click on the "Goto live page in a new window" link.

I imagine that it would not be too hard as all the data is already there in the two Friendly Url fields... just no link...

But again, I may be missing something (and maybe the feature is already there somewhere?) :-)

Regard
Colin