掲示板

After successful LDAP configuration, Control Panel users not displayed

8年前 に David Welch によって更新されました。

After successful LDAP configuration, Control Panel users not displayed

Junior Member 投稿: 87 参加年月日: 15/02/19 最新の投稿
I've successfully configured (as far as I can tell) my LDAP with Liferay 6.2. GA4 (I can login using users from my LDAP), but, when I open the Liferay Control Panel under "Users and Organizations" | Browser or "All Users", it only displays the non-LDAP "super" user (i.e. test@liferay.com), and not the LDAP user I just logged in successfully with.

I can see the user in the _USER table, and it has the LDAP ID matching the definition (column _USER.LDAPSERVERID) as I would expect, but, shouldn't these users also be displayed in Liferay, else, how would we grant them access to sites, roles, etc.

My portal-ext.properties entries related to LDAP general configuration are below, I have additional configuration that points to my specific LDAP configuration also (not included below):

ldap.auth.enabled=true
#ldap.auth.method=bind
ldap.auth.required=true
ldap.import.on.startup=true
ldap.import.enabled=true
ldap.import.interval=5000
ldap.import.method=user
ldap.export.enabled=false
ldap.password.policy.enabled=false

I have tried toggling ldap.auth.method=bind (i.e. adding/removing), but, this doesn't seem to impact display of the users.

Any other configuration I'm missing?

Thanks,
David
thumbnail
8年前 に Arunjyoti Banik によって更新されました。

RE: After successful LDAP configuration, Control Panel users not displayed

Junior Member 投稿: 74 参加年月日: 14/08/26 最新の投稿
It happened for me also. However solved it by referring to this article.
thumbnail
8年前 に Vilmos Papp によって更新されました。

RE: After successful LDAP configuration, Control Panel users not displayed (回答)

Liferay Master 投稿: 529 参加年月日: 10/10/21 最新の投稿
You should rebuild the search indexes from Control Panel > Server Administration > Rebuild all search indexes

Vilmos Papp:
You should rebuild the search indexes from Control Panel > Server Administration > Rebuild all search indexes

Hi Vilmos
Thank you greatly, that resolved the issue!!

But, that seems to add another issue ongoing, since LDAP users would be added daily, I'm assuming this process would be needed to run after anyone is added...seems this process should be run after the import from LDAP is run by the LR code itself, if this is a valid assumption.

Maybe this is just an anomaly, but, has this been your experience also (having to run this manually every time a user is added)?

And thanks again!
thumbnail

Hi David,

Usually it shouldn't be an issue. further more, you can use lazy importing as well, so user would be imported only when he/she tries to login to the portal.

Regards,
Vilmos

Actually, it is currently using "lazy" loading, as this user was only imported on their first usage. Not sure why it hasn't synced everyone, it seems that my settings (in my first post) should force this "batch" load, but, it never triggers.
thumbnail

Actually it should do this, but sometime there could be issues with lucene (even outside of Liferay, I had a project, where I used it, but from time-to-time, the index got corrupted and had to be rebuilt). Anyway, from the plugins management, there's an option to reindex only the users, not the whole index, if you want to save some resources/time if you have to do this again.