掲示板

which Liferay Version Supports JDK 1.8

8年前 に Sagar P によって更新されました。

which Liferay Version Supports JDK 1.8

Junior Member 投稿: 34 参加年月日: 14/09/04 最新の投稿
Hi all,

Could anyone please provide me the information regarding Which Liferay Version supports JDK 1.8?

Does Liferay 6.1.2 supports JDK 1.8?If not which version does it?

and also Current Liferay Version i.e 6.2 comes bundled with which Tomcat Version?
I know that we can download latest version and see but as we do not permission for that so I am asking the above QUESTION.

Thanks
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

RE: which Liferay Version Supports JDK 1.8

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Java8 support has been added late in the 6.1 cycle, I'm guessing that CE does not support it. Check the EE compatibility matrix (which states that Java8 support has been added in 6.1.20.

I believe that the current 6.2(.3) GA4 runs on Java8, while the plugins SDK, namely ServiceBuilder still might require Java7 for the build time operations. Runtime on Java8 should be fine. As technically CE is not supported, you might argue what this means - at least there shouldn't be bigger problems (maybe someone who's running CE on Java8 can report about their experience)

You are not limited to the version of tomcat that the Liferay Bundle contains - it's trivial to prepare your own bundle with the tomcat of your choice. In fact, even when you install the bundle, updating the tomcat part of it is purely in your domain. Liferay won't be updated because a security fix on tomcat is required. Liferay will typically bundle the latest tomcat available at release (or a month before release). The 6.2 CE GA4 bundle comes with tomcat 7.0.42

I have notified the team to update the public listing
8年前 に Sagar P によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 34 参加年月日: 14/09/04 最新の投稿
Thanks a lot for the reply olaf.
thumbnail
8年前 に Ho Yin Edward Chow によって更新されました。

Junior Member 投稿: 53 参加年月日: 13/08/28 最新の投稿
As Olaf mentioned Service Builder does have issues with JDK 8. So if you are using Service Builder make sure to run it on JDK 7.
7年前 に Manish Kharkar によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 24 参加年月日: 14/12/08 最新の投稿
Hello All,
Does Liferay 6.2 CE GA6 portal support Java 8?
I am repeating this question, apologies.
Regards,
Manish.
thumbnail
7年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
Manish Kharkar:
Does Liferay 6.2 CE GA6 portal support Java 8?

Large changes typically don't happen mid-stream, so the same answers as above apply. Build ServiceBuilder projects on Java7 (run on 7 or 8), everything else builds, runs and works fine on Java8.

In case the ServiceBuilder problems with Java7 have been fixed in the mean time, please report back. I've simply not checked it back, I'm just running it on Java7.

Liferay 7 will require Java8, Java7 is not supported as a runtime environment. Careful, don't be tricked: Liferay7 currently starts up on Java7, but some components might require Java8, so that the actual error message is delayed to runtime.
7年前 に Manish Kharkar によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 24 参加年月日: 14/12/08 最新の投稿
Hello,
Will Liferay 6.1.2 CE run on Java 8?
A simple test showed a lot of stack-overflow exceptions on server start-up.
These went away when we used Java 1.7.
Regards,
Manish.
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Wait wait wait, we have to clarify what is being said here...

6.2, some versions of 6.1, will run under the java 8 runtime environment.

6.1 and 6.2, however, are not compiled using java 8 and your own plugins/code should not be compiled using java 8. Stick with java 6 as the source/target versions during builds. The Liferay core up to 6.2 still used JDK6 as the target for all compiles.
thumbnail
7年前 に Ritesh Rajpara によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 12/05/28 最新の投稿
Hello David,

I am using Liferay 6.2 EE and Oracle jdk 8. When I build my service I am getting below error :

[javac] 1. ERROR in C:\mywork\liferay-developer-studio\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2-ee-sp11\portlets\audit-logs-services-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service\com\liferay\sample\model\AuditLogs.java (at line 1)
[javac] /**
[javac] ^
[javac] The type java.util.Map$Entry cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
[javac] ----------
[javac] ----------
[javac] 2. ERROR in C:\mywork\liferay-developer-studio\liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2-ee-sp11\portlets\audit-logs-services-portlet\docroot\WEB-INF\service\com\liferay\sample\service\AuditLogsLocalServiceClp.java (at line 344)
[javac] ClpSerializer.translateInput(orderByComparator)
[javac] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[javac] The type java.util.Comparator cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
[javac] ----------
[javac] 2 problems (2 errors)

PFA "ServiceBuilder_jdk8_error.txt" for full error log. Kindly provide inputs for the same.
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14916 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
Did you not read my previous message? YOU SHOULD NOT COMPILE USING JDK8.

Period. End of line.

Compile using JDK6 but then you should be able to run under JDK8.
thumbnail
7年前 に Ritesh Rajpara によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 2 参加年月日: 12/05/28 最新の投稿
Thank you very much for your response.
6年前 に myar lasra によって更新されました。

New Member 投稿: 3 参加年月日: 17/07/25 最新の投稿
Hi David
I have devlope website using liferay 6.2.3 an all OK
but my computer server where i upload my website have java 1.8 ver
and my website is stop many time on 24 hour
can u help me plz
thumbnail
6年前 に Marco Ferretti によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 100 参加年月日: 10/10/04 最新の投稿
David H Nebinger:
Wait wait wait, we have to clarify what is being said here...

6.2, some versions of 6.1, will run under the java 8 runtime environment.

6.1 and 6.2, however, are not compiled using java 8 and your own plugins/code should not be compiled using java 8. Stick with java 6 as the source/target versions during builds. The Liferay core up to 6.2 still used JDK6 as the target for all compiles.

I am not 100% sure my build will work but I have managed to compile both 6.2.5-ga6 portal and plugins (from git). I did this simply because I do not have a jdk6 any more on my machine and needed a debug environment in order to be able to tackle an upgrade (mid step from 6.0.6 to 7) issue . Hope this helps someone.

*portal*

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 51 seconds
ferrema@pupfish:~/devel/liferay/trunk/liferay-portal$ git branch 
* (HEAD detached at 6.2.5-ga6)

*plugins*
had to add an explicit try/catch in portlets/wiki-navigation-portlet/docroot/WEB-INF/src/com/liferay/wikinavigation/util/MenuItem.java and change the URL for hooks/antisamy-hook/build.xml

ferrema@pupfish:~/devel/liferay/trunk/liferay-plugins$ git branch 
* (HEAD detached at 6.2.0-ga1)
ferrema@pupfish:~/devel/liferay/trunk/liferay-plugins$ ll dist  | wc -l

environment :

ferrema@pupfish:~/devel/liferay/trunk/liferay-plugins$ java -version
java version "1.7.0_80"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_80-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.80-b11, mixed mode)
ferrema@pupfish:~/devel/liferay/trunk/liferay-plugins$ ant -version
Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.6 compiled on July 8 2015