8年前 に Michael Young によって更新されました。

Liferay Sync 3 GA1 Released

Liferay Master 投稿: 846 参加年月日: 04/08/05 最新の投稿
See the announcment.

New Product Page.
8年前 に Marco Walz によって更新されました。

RE: Liferay Sync 3 GA1 Released

New Member 投稿: 13 参加年月日: 14/07/12 最新の投稿
I have questions about Sync 3 and/or sync-connector in general (mainly permission-handling):

Do I understand right that users can either have the ability to only view/+add discussion OR have full access to files based on the default site-permission?

Site members always have the ability to upload files (when Sync activated) and if the default permission is "View Only" only the user who uploaded the file (and administrators for sure) can modify/delete it, correct?

Is it (still) possible to forbid users via site-permission or site member-permission to delete files? If yes, can this option be set to default?
  • Since sync client 1.2.x didn't allow users (including administrators) to delete files on client side we had several problems with continuing sync when files were accidentally deleted/overwritten on client side. Sometimes files and folders went "out-of-sync" and users had to re-sync all sites. This is why we managed the "problem" by including a folder called "z_Trash" where users moved files to.
  • This is one main reason why we want to upgrade to Sync 3, because there seems to be an option to re-sync deleted files on client side without having to re-sync all sites.
  • But we still want some users forbid to delete files so that they have to use the old way of working -> move files to the folder "z_Trash" -> is this possible with Sync 3?
    • They should be allowed to do all with Sync 3 except deleting files/folders.
  • If it is possible to forbid users to delete files/folders, then what happens on client-side when users delete files/folders locally?
    • Will users still see the files/folders with the red "x"-overlay and will they be able to re-sync that files/folders without having to re-sync the whole site???
    • There is one typical use-case that that often occured. Someone worked on an .doc-file and generated a .pdf of this file. Then he made some changes on the .doc-file and again generated the .pdf file. The pdf file then was locally "overwritten" and sync had problems with the checksum and didn't sync. But the user thought it is correctly synced because the green checkmark overlay still appeared.

Can Sync 3 manage this situation if it is possible to forbid users to delete files?

I don't want to allow (some) users to delete files. I know there is the option of Recycle Bin to recover accidental file deletions. But then someone has to check Recycle Bin every X days before files get deleted permanently.

I also have a question about the backwards compatibility of the sync-connector with sync client 1.2.x:
  • users that still use sync client 1.2.x can never delete files through sync (and might have out-of-sync-problems when deleting/overwriting locally), correct?
    EDIT: I think this question is unnecessary -> sync client 1.2.x cannot be used with sync-connector 3
  • will users with sync client 1.2.x be notified in any way that they have to use Sync 3 now?

I wasn't able to test the possibilities until now, so I hope someone can answer all or a few of this questions.