掲示板

Login security question for the migrated users first time login

8年前 に Hardik Pathak によって更新されました。

Login security question for the migrated users first time login

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 13/10/11 最新の投稿
Hi,
We are migrating from non-liferay portal to Liferay portal. Now we have users in LDAP and liferay is connected to LDAP to get those user details & authenticate.

Question is that, we provide a "Forgot Password" on login page. And to get the password reset link, user needs to provide their details plus need to answer a security question.

BUT, because user have not logged in ever into liferay they dont have security question setup. And before doing first login, if they have forgotten their password they will click on the link "Forgot Password" ! And because there is no security question set, it throws an error !

So, is there a way where, if the security question is not set then just bypass that screen ?

Thank you
Hardik
thumbnail
8年前 に Sushil Patidar によって更新されました。

RE: Login security question for the migrated users first time login

Expert 投稿: 467 参加年月日: 11/10/31 最新の投稿
Hi,
Check with following property..

#
    # Set this to false to enable users without a reminder query to reset their
    # password.
    #
    users.reminder.queries.required=false

Regards
8年前 に Hardik Pathak によって更新されました。

RE: Login security question for the migrated users first time login

New Member 投稿: 12 参加年月日: 13/10/11 最新の投稿
Hi Sushil - Thank you. But that's not what I am looking for.

Basically I need the security question once it's setup. But I am worrying about the scenario when I am conncting liferay with the LDAP which has existing users but because they have not logged into Liferay they dont have security question ! And when they come to Liferay for the first time and if they have forgotten their password then they will click on "Forgot Password" link which will ask security question but because they have never logged in Liferay there wont be security question existing for them in Liferay.

Anyway, I gave a thought yesterday seems I might have to create a hook which if doesnt find the user in LDAP ( while doing Forgot Password ) then will get it from the LDAP using PortalLDAPImporterUtil. But I am still to finish this way. Will confirm once it's done.

Regards,
Hardik