掲示板

Liferay 6.1 with log4j2

8年前 に avasek atok によって更新されました。

Liferay 6.1 with log4j2

Junior Member 投稿: 41 参加年月日: 15/01/09 最新の投稿
Hi, Currently I am using liferay 6.1 and it's using log4j 1. However I want to migrate to log4j2 now.
Hence want to understand
1) if there is a way to upgrade to log4j2.
2) Also if there is a way to dynamically get the logLevel using liferay API and change it. Currently i am using control panel to change the log levels manually.

Any suggestions, please help.

RE: Liferay 6.1 with log4j2

Any one can suggest if there is a way we can achieve my first question.
My second question I resolved on my own. I found the solution and it's working emoticon

Thanks,

Hello All,

Can some body share your experiences/thoughts on this.

Thanks
thumbnail
8年前 に Olaf Kock によって更新されました。

Liferay Legend 投稿: 6403 参加年月日: 08/09/23 最新の投稿
You're typically free to use whatever you like in your own plugins. As of Liferay's core: It's fully tested with the version that it comes with. Exchanging it will mean that nobody but you has ever used it in this combination.

Is there a way? Yes, sure - drop in the new library, remove the old, check if it still compiles and make changes as necessary. Test *everything* and don't complain to anybody if you missed something. Do this again when the next security patch or GA version comes out. Always remember: You're the only one who's running this combination.

If you want to lobby for this to be done in the next version (e.g. current master), you should lobby for this on the Ideation pages and get support for a feature request.

In addition and somewhat related: If you actually wish to upgrade (and if you're on 6.1 CE), I'd suggest upgrading to Liferay 6.2, as you can get security fixes and updates for this version (until 7.0 is out). 6.1 CE didn't receive any attention in a long time now and you should rather invest in the future than the past.